Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 97 to 108 of 142

Thread: RIP Neil Peart

  1. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I read the Blabbermouth article where Sully blabbed too much about Neil. But I can't find anything about what Portnoy said... if he said anything distasteful, or invasive on Peart and/or his family's privacy... I would like to read it.
    https://www.loudersound.com/amp/news...ke-down-crying

    It’s not as completely classless as Urna’s comments but it still makes it about him. How about everybody just shuts the **** up and says something like “I had the privilege to know the man and am better for it” or something like that. Instead of proving to everyone how well he knew the man. Maybe that.
    Way Too Much Crap

  2. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Urna and Portnoy have always rubbed me the wrong way. Their comments since Neil’s passing have solidified my dislike of them. How utterly classless. You were “friends” with Neil and Michael, you hack? Really? Then you completely missed the f****** plot of what they were about as people. You’ve completely disrespected the family’s wishes and made this tragedy about you. Good job, a*****e.
    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    https://www.loudersound.com/amp/news...ke-down-crying

    It’s not as completely classless as Urna’s comments but it still makes it about him. How about everybody just shuts the **** up and says something like “I had the privilege to know the man and am better for it” or something like that. Instead of proving to everyone how well he knew the man. Maybe that.
    I didn't read anything classless or inappropriate in this piece or a blabbermouth piece I read. I'm glad I had the chance to read it nonetheless.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  3. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I didn't read anything classless or inappropriate in this piece or a blabbermouth piece I read. I'm glad I had the chance to read it nonetheless.
    Ok.
    Way Too Much Crap

  4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I didn't read anything classless or inappropriate in this piece or a blabbermouth piece I read. I'm glad I had the chance to read it nonetheless.
    Talking about his health deteriorating like the Alice In Chains ripoff douche did is not something Neil wanted. The fact he’s saying it is not only inconsiderate, it appears he’s bragging almost that he was Neil’s “friend” and knew more than most people did.

  5. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Talking about his health deteriorating like the Alice In Chains ripoff douche did is not something Neil wanted. The fact he’s saying it is not only inconsiderate, it appears he’s bragging almost that he was Neil’s “friend” and knew more than most people did.
    You mean Urna, or Portnoy?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    You mean Urna, or Portnoy?
    The Godsmack douche. I didn’t read read Portnoy’s.

  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,170

    Default

    If anyone wants to read what a REAL friend writes after a friend’s death, read Doane Perry’s Facebook post. THAT’S class, THAT’S heart, THAT’S a real friend.
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. Masterworks / Sabian

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Thanks for Sharing that post JY Kelly. It was touching for sure.

  9. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    The Godsmack douche. I didn’t read read Portnoy’s.
    I agreed that Sully's statements were classless and invasive. I was questioning KY conveniently lumping in Portnoy's statements, when they were not comparable to the Godsmack guy's words. Portnoy said nothing but kind, heartfelt things about Peart... nothing morbid, nothing that the family should've wanted to keep private.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  10. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    I agreed that Sully's statements were classless and invasive. I was questioning KY conveniently lumping in Portnoy's statements, when they were not comparable to the Godsmack guy's words. Portnoy said nothing but kind, heartfelt things about Peart... nothing morbid, nothing that the family should've wanted to keep private.
    Dude- are you being obtuse on purpose? I plainly wrote that Portnoy’s comments weren’t as classless or invasive as Erna’s but still, to me, came off as “look at me”, which is exactly why I’m not a fan of his.
    Way Too Much Crap

  11. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Dude- are you being obtuse on purpose? I plainly wrote that Portnoy’s comments weren’t as classless or invasive as Erna’s but still, to me, came off as “look at me”, which is exactly why I’m not a fan of his.
    Not in Post #95...

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Urna and Portnoy have always rubbed me the wrong way. Their comments since Neil’s passing have solidified my dislike of them. How utterly classless. You were “friends” with Neil and Michael, you hack? Really? Then you completely missed the f****** plot of what they were about as people. You’ve completely disrespected the family’s wishes and made this tragedy about you. Good job, a*****e.
    You lumped them together, and did not clarify until (Post #97) I asked to see what Portnoy said or wrote that was so offensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    https://www.loudersound.com/amp/news...ke-down-crying

    It’s not as completely classless as Urna’s comments but it still makes it about him. How about everybody just shuts the **** up and says something like “I had the privilege to know the man and am better for it” or something like that. Instead of proving to everyone how well he knew the man. Maybe that.
    Capeesh?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  12. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,170

    Default

    No, I don’t “capice”.
    Way Too Much Crap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •