Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RIP Neil Peart

1. Registered User

Another one I printed. Always loved this pic.

2. Registered User

Did a group shot of his newer style setups.

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Love my Paragon banner. I printed the other two on my Roland vinyl printer.

Nice change of post. You realized how silly it was to get into something that was trivial and a joke.

4. Registered User

There could be no bigger loss to the drumming community. Neil Peart was (and still is) a huge influence on me. As a tribute, I made a video dedicated to Neil, putting him (and him alone) on the Mount Rushmore of drummers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ayU_JQYIlE

Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  71.0 KB

R.I.P. Neil Peart

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Not sure they ever did that as a poster, but i'm sure a decent printers could probably sort one for you. They took some lovely shots on that particular shoot.

Attachment 516355
    Attachment 516356
    Attachment 516357
    No doubt! Wonderful pictures of Neil!

6. Natural Finish Army

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    seems like we're both travelling the same path bro. my deeper thoughts your way man.

what gets me with Neil's departure is that , this guy worked like a chained dog for 45 years, giving it ALL for the fans , and when he decide to retire to raise his little daughter,this sh** strikes him in the face......being rich can't do anything when such terminal illness strikes. looking at it, being famous and labeled '''by the world'''' as the ''greatest rock drummer of all times''''' did nothing to compound the life he got,filled with dramas over dramas ; selena,jackie......then,the light was showing its noze with Olivia and Carrie.....only to get knocked off the game with THIS!!! what a bitter s*** to swallow.

of course,we will never knows if he retired because he learned what was waiting,or it was because the reasons given aka issues with joints pain and tendinis.........i suspect the reasons were the discover of his terminal illness. then,for him it's been a race to live the last moments to the fullest !!!even more dramatic if you ask me.

fu*****n life!!
    So true Nelson. Every time I reflect about all this. My eyes well up, and I get Angry.

I watched "Time Stands Still" again, looking for clues, on whether or not this was the real reason Neil and the band called it quits. I could not find any. I guess in the grand scheme of things, it does not matter. I just hope that , in his last days, Neil was able to live them out as Joyfully as possible ..............................

7. Registered User

Interesting interview from Sully Erna of Godsmack.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/go...-to-his-death/

8. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Interesting interview from Sully Erna of Godsmack.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/go...-to-his-death/
    Little bit too much information given there I think. Especially when many others who were really close to Neil (Matt Scannell of Vertical Horizon and Clockwork Angels co-author Kevin J Anderson spring to mind) have kept what went on much more private and guarded, the way it really should be.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

9. Registered User

Little bit too much information given there I think. Especially when many others who were really close to Neil (Matt Scannell of Vertical Horizon and Clockwork Angels co-author Kevin J Anderson spring to mind) have kept what went on much more private and guarded, the way it really should be.
    He was a huge part of my life. The more I know the better I feel about it. As long as people do it with taste and truly respected him.

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

He’s a *******.

11. Drumming Since 1943

Urna and Portnoy have always rubbed me the wrong way. Their comments since Neil’s passing have solidified my dislike of them. How utterly classless. You were “friends” with Neil and Michael, you hack? Really? Then you completely missed the f****** plot of what they were about as people. You’ve completely disrespected the family’s wishes and made this tragedy about you. Good job, a*****e.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Urna and Portnoy have always rubbed me the wrong way. Their comments since Neil’s passing have solidified my dislike of them. How utterly classless. You were “friends” with Neil and Michael, you hack? Really? Then you completely missed the f****** plot of what they were about as people. You’ve completely disrespected the family’s wishes and made this tragedy about you. Good job, a*****e.
    I read the Blabbermouth article where Sully blabbed too much about Neil. But I can't find anything about what Portnoy said... if he said anything distasteful, or invasive on Peart and/or his family's privacy... I would like to read it.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE