Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Getting back into the swing of things.

Back around 1990ish my parents bought me my first drum kit. Was an Export in Ferrari Red with a set of crappy Zildjian Scimitar's Around 2000 I sold them and haven;t played since.

About 6 months ago I started to dabble in learning to play the bass, which triggered my 7 and 9 year old daughter and son to want to learn as well. The daughter wanted a guitar so she got a short scale Strat for Christmas the son said he wanted to learn piano so I got him a keyboard and stand to start out on.

Then the almost unthinkable happened... while shopping for stuff for the kids, I started thinking about drums again. Bought some sticks just to work on hand technique. I go back into the shop a few weeks later and found a almost complete 5 piece Pearl Forum kit in smoke chrome. Looked good from what I could see, Price set at about $240 and came with the hardware for the hats and 2 cymbals. It has 3 rack toms and no floor tom unlike the kit I had before.

I just bought a Gibraltar throne and a drum key and now shopping for cymbals and possibly later a floor tom or two. Eventually better shells maybe but I am not a professional and play to just to relax and the kids to learn if they wish.

I forgot how much real estate they take up luckily my wife is ok good with me using the space in teh family room for our "band" as the kiddos says

2. Skeld-the -wicked

Welcome to the Pdf & back to Drums Dave. My first kit was a Export also.
    Pearl Masters Premium Diamond Burst 6pc
    Pearl Masters Red Mahogany Classic 6pc
    14 x 6.5 Phosphor Bronze FF Snare + Red Wine Shell.
    Zildjian Cymbals
    Vic Firth sticks

3. A Passion Play ...

Welcome to the Forum. Post some pics please.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...