Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Yamaha EAD10 & Roland SPD-SX Playback and Recording

I'm looking for ay help and suggestions for a way to use my Yamaha EAD10 and Roland SPD-SX together so that I can hear tracks and effects from the EAD10 while having the ability to play and hear samples from my SPD-SX at the same time. I would aslo like to be able to record to a USB or SD card as I do not currently have acess to a computer or wifi at my practice space.

Please can anyone recomend anything suitable? For example a mixer, interface or anything else of the sort.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

2. Miles Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBG.Drums View Post
    I'm looking for ay help and suggestions for a way to use my Yamaha EAD10 and Roland SPD-SX together so that I can hear tracks and effects from the EAD10 while having the ability to play and hear samples from my SPD-SX at the same time. I would aslo like to be able to record to a USB or SD card as I do not currently have acess to a computer or wifi at my practice space.

Please can anyone recomend anything suitable? For example a mixer, interface or anything else of the sort.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
    The SPD-SX has an audio input. You can plug the output of the EAD10 into the input of the SPD-SX. There's a trim knob beside said input to control the gain. You can also set the post-trim level of the input in the SPD-SX's menu. You'll be able to hear both the output of the EAD10 and the SPD-SX from the SPD-SX's headphones\output.

Grab a Zoom H4n for recording. You can capture the acoustic sounds with the onboard mics, and then connect the output of your SPD-SX to the combo jacks on the H4n, which records to SD card. You can transfer the files directly from the H4n with a USB cable, or remove the SD card to bring them to your computer.
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

3. Registered User

Name:  2E70996F-8619-43BD-8EDD-2DFF2246C049.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  62.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesAway View Post
    The SPD-SX has an audio input. You can plug the output of the EAD10 into the input of the SPD-SX. There's a trim knob beside said input to control the gain. You can also set the post-trim level of the input in the SPD-SX's menu. You'll be able to hear both the output of the EAD10 and the SPD-SX from the SPD-SX's headphones\output.

Grab a Zoom H4n for recording. You can capture the acoustic sounds with the onboard mics, and then connect the output of your SPD-SX to the combo jacks on the H4n, which records to you SD card. You can transfer the files directly from the H4n with a USB cable, or remove the SD card to bring them to your computer.
    Thanks for you reply, I’ve got one of these cables do you think it will do the job? attachmentid=516170[/url] Also you mentioned the Zoom H4N but my EAD10 records my audio would you know of anything that would record both to a SD card or USB to the same effect?

4. Miles Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBG.Drums View Post
    Name:  2E70996F-8619-43BD-8EDD-2DFF2246C049.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  62.3 KB

Thanks for you reply, Iíve got one of these cables do you think it will do the job? attachmentid=516170[/url] Also you mentioned the Zoom H4N but my EAD10 records my audio would you know of anything that would record both to a SD card or USB to the same effect?
    Those cables would work, yes.

You could go with an H1N, instead of an H4n, if you are happy with how the EAD10 captures audio. The H1N has an 1\8" stereo input, so you'd need a Y-Cable - one end would be two mono 1\4" plugs, that would go into the output of your SPD-SX, and the other end would be an 1\8" stereo plug, which would go into the "line in" of the H1N. The H1 records to micro SD card.
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MilesAway View Post
    Those cables would work, yes.

You could go with an H1N, instead of an H4n, if you are happy with how the EAD10 captures audio. The H1N has an 1\8" stereo input, so you'd need a Y-Cable - one end would be two mono 1\4" plugs, that would go into the output of your SPD-SX, and the other end would be an 1\8" stereo plug, which would go into the "line in" of the H1N. The H1 records to micro SD card.
    Would it be possible to have something that would record both rather than having to do it seperatley

6. Miles Gibbons

That’s what I’m suggesting. If you plug your EAD10 into the line in of your SPD-SX, and then record the output of your SPD-SX, it will record both.