Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Registered User

2. The Hardware Guy

He could have saved himself a few years R&D by doing a bit more R...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

3. The Hardware Guy

I just watched the video too. He asks "how can drums resonate better and sound better" - well, start by taking the PS3 head off. And the moongel...
    Last edited by Thrush; 01-03-2020 at 12:49 PM.

PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

4. The Hardware Guy

He goes on to talk about the first printed drum next to the second, and seems surprised that it sounds different. He puts this down to the material they used to print with. However, he makes no mention of the fact it's a different size. I would have thought a pro-drummer with this kind of vested interest might have twigged onto that...

PICSPICS 2

5. Drumming Since 1943

“... drummer from Panic! At the Disco...”

*stoppedreadingthere.jpg*
    Way Too Much Crap

6. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by jy kelly View Post
    “... Drummer from panic! At the disco...”

*stoppedreadingthere.jpg*
    i

PICSPICS 2

7. Registered User

You drummers certainly are close minded! Thought musicians would at least be open to any kind of technology going on. This may not be the next big thing, but somehow it could be used to standard drum manufacturing. If someone like Neil Peart was interested, some of you would certainly take more notice. I really don't care for the appearance of the material, but it could lead to other developments. Feed your head.

8. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
    You drummers certainly are close minded! Thought musicians would at least be open to any kind of technology going on. This may not be the next big thing, but somehow it could be used to standard drum manufacturing. If someone like Neil Peart was interested, some of you would certainly take more notice. I really don't care for the appearance of the material, but it could lead to other developments. Feed your head.
    Actually I have no problem with new tech, I just have an issue with weaksauce bands like Panic! At the Disco. So there’s that, which is nice.
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Actually I have no problem with new tech, I just have an issue with weaksauce bands like Panic! At the Disco. So there’s that, which is nice.
    Panic at the Ree Ree Ree
    DW Collectors Birch Satin Oil Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black
    Side Kick Custom Drums Matte Walnut (keller shells)

10. old dog, new tricks

there's a reason that instruments requiring resonance have been made out of wood for thousands of years.

If fiberglass or metal or composites were better, most drums would be made from them and they aren't. Some of that comes down to cost, but woods like maple, birch and mahogany have stood the test of time.

These 3D printed drums are made from compressed powder and they have no track record of proven success.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    there's a reason that instruments requiring resonance have been made out of wood for thousands of years.

If fiberglass or metal or composites were better, most drums would be made from them and they aren't. Some of that comes down to cost, but woods like maple, birch and mahogany have stood the test of time.

These 3D printed drums are made from compressed powder and they have no track record of proven success.
    Of course it's not going to take the drumming world by storm, but just another option and experiment. By the way, metal snares sound great!

12. Music Lover

That is way cool. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex Saturn (snare, bass drum, and toms); Mapex MPX (snare); Sabian AAX, and SR2 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army