Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

So, the new Music City Custom Solid Shell that are, "Handcrafted in the USA" --

Does "Handcrafted" mean they are lathed, routed, finished, and assembled in the USA?

Or does "Handcrafted" mean, like the rest of the Music City Custom drums, they are simply assembled in the USA?

Name:  Music City Custom.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  47.7 KB
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Its a practice tool focused on the up and down motion. Working on stick heights, ghost notes and the usual rudiment work, but being very controlled with it. Especially using the ‘wiggle bars’ provided to work on different stick heights such as grace notes and accents. Perfect for Drum Corp or Pipe Band drummers and percussionists, but great as a drum kit player for warming up and working on technique. The middle Ally's are for French grip, the 1st ones for American grip, and the outside ones for German and traditional. Really unique and useful piece of kit. Theres a reason why Dom Famularo, Craig Blundell and Thomas Lang love them.

Don't worry! i'm over 19, i'm fully proficient and qualified in the hi hat pedal!
    Whatever helps a drummer out, but this contraption just seems like overkill and clunky. Just my thoughts.

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
    Whatever helps a drummer out, but this contraption just seems like overkill and clunky. Just my thoughts.
    I seems like those golf tools that were made fun of in the movie Tin Cup. It’s not as bad as this thing for guitarist, but it seems just as unnecessary.

Name:  576C1A8C-DA0C-4D8B-AFF2-70EF563B7C66.jpeg
Views: 293
Size:  20.7 KB

4. Registered User

I really like the Music City snares. Would like to see/hear them in person. Maybe Gearfest‽ It would be cool if them make them from scratch in Nashville.

The Masterworks sets in the Pearl catalogs have had a lot of stripes so I can see why they are introducing them into lower models. Gives a sense of higher quality because of the Masterworks precedent. I do like them but what do I know, 61 year old not even two years into my first personal drum set.

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by pearlreference7101 View Post
    I thought the Red Burst Tri-Band was gorgeous, but I wasn't a fan of any of the other ones.

Yes, agree. I liked the MRV when I bought my MCT but the colors didn't wow me. I think this one does.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    So, the new Music City Custom Solid Shell that are, "Handcrafted in the USA" --

Does "Handcrafted" mean they are lathed, routed, finished, and assembled in the USA?

Or does "Handcrafted" mean, like the rest of the Music City Custom drums, they are simply assembled in the USA?

Name:  Music City Custom.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  47.7 KB
    From what I understand, the shells are made in the USA by a local shell maker. Pearl is in Nashville. Craviotto recently moved to Nashville and are famous for making solid shell drums. I think Pearl is doing all of the shell finishings like they do on other MCC drums, but putting the pieces together, my best guess is Craviotto shells. I have no confirmation on that, and we probably won't get one, but it makes sense.....

7. NO KIT TOO BIG

New single braced pearl hardware, revamp of the 930 line. And an addition to the Eliminator pedal line: http://drummersreview.com/news/pearl...ware-for-2020/
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    New single braced pearl hardware, revamp of the 930 line. And an addition to the Eliminator pedal line: http://drummersreview.com/news/pearl...ware-for-2020/
    I really don't understand the Eliminator change. It's like Eliminators, but with less choice? Wonder if they'll be significantly cheaper.

9. NO KIT TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    I really don't understand the Eliminator change. It's like Eliminators, but with less choice? Wonder if they'll be significantly cheaper.
    I know, and agree. I'm also shocked that they wouldn't offer strap drive, my favourite Elim feature. No response yet as to whether the already available conversion pack is compatible either.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

10. Pearl Masters Drummer

Quote Originally Posted by ADman2B View Post
    From what I understand, the shells are made in the USA by a local shell maker. Pearl is in Nashville. Craviotto recently moved to Nashville and are famous for making solid shell drums. I think Pearl is doing all of the shell finishings like they do on other MCC drums, but putting the pieces together, my best guess is Craviotto shells. I have no confirmation on that, and we probably won't get one, but it makes sense.....
    Didn't know Craviotto moved to Nashville. Interesting theory for sure!

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jutt8 View Post
    Didn't know Craviotto moved to Nashville. Interesting theory for sure!
    https://www.notsomoderndrummer.com/n...hville-factory

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Street price on a Single 'Eliminator Solo' will be about $100 less than the real Eliminator.