Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Enjoy Every Sandwich

Not looking to pile on, was just curious about the decision making process.

I've made many "questionable" decisions during my 50 years on this planet (most of which were not drum related). Thankfully, I'm still around to acknowledge them and to have learned from them.

Good Luck!

2. Registered User

Are those floor toms different colours?

3. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by keaton_86 View Post
    Are those floor toms different colours?
    No, they are actually matched pretty well, I think the flash makes them look a little off
    DW Collectors Birch Satin Oil Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black
    Side Kick Custom Drums Matte Walnut (keller shells)

4. Totally Rad

I vote list them for sale, and set up the Dw's in it's place and get some photos. It's Friday and I know you like to party, get them up and running!

5. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo Jesus View Post
    I vote list them for sale, and set up the Dw's in it's place and get some photos. It's Friday and I know you like to party, get them up and running!
    Getting a new kick drum head for the Dw's and setting those guys up tomorrow afternoon when I get back from Drum Center of Portsmouth. Not sure what to do with the sidekick kit as I won't get near what I spent on them back.

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CUZNRED View Post
    Getting a new kick drum head for the Dw's and setting those guys up tomorrow afternoon when I get back from Drum Center of Portsmouth. Not sure what to do with the sidekick kit as I won't get near what I spent on them back.
    Why don't you donate them to an organization in need and take the write off?
    You already know selling/trading is a losing proposition...
    for me it wouldn't be worth the agita to attempt that endeavor, and you can bank the karma for later

7. Registered User

CUZNRED is a perfect candidate for buying used drums only. Buy them after they have depreciated, use them for a week, sell them for what you bought them for. Boom! New drum set every week!

8. old dog, new tricks

yeah, I am an effing moron
    the first step on the road to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

honest question: why do you have so many kits? Are you turning them over trying to make money? Are you a working drummer who needs different tones for all the sessions you do? Or do you just like collecting drum gear. I don't see how I could enjoy always rotating gear in and out of my collection, it's just not something I understand.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

9. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post

honest question: why do you have so many kits? Are you turning them over trying to make money? Are you a working drummer who needs different tones for all the sessions you do? Or do you just like collecting drum gear. I don't see how I could enjoy always rotating gear in and out of my collection, it's just not something I understand.
    I only have 4 drum sets, I buy them because like many on here, I like drums.

10. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
    CUZNRED is a perfect candidate for buying used drums only. Buy them after they have depreciated, use them for a week, sell them for what you bought them for. Boom! New drum set every week!
    I should lease them

11. old dog, new tricks

I should lease them
    or you need to forge a good relationship with your local music shop so they let you try gear out for a week. I don't buy cymbals off the rack, I take them home and play them, THEN decide to buy them.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

12. Looks That Kill

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post

Dude, I don't have a problem, I just chose the wrong drum kit based on lack of research and an impulse buy. I am sure I am not the first person in the universe to do something like this. I take full responsibility for my mistake and will find a way to unload this kit and get what I really want.