Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 91
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,361

    Default Pearl MMX in Platinum Mist

    Traded my Reference's for this seven piece MMX kit.

    22x18 (2)
    18x16
    16x14
    14x12
    12x9
    10x8 (not pictured)

    A few toms and the bass drums need new heads, and I'm still toying with the setup along with needing to pick up a couple other odds and ends.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  2. ...A mind like Water...

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    8,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Traded my Reference's for this seven piece MMX kit.

    22x18 (2)
    18x16
    16x14
    14x12
    12x9
    10x8 (not pictured)

    A few toms and the bass drums need new heads, and I'm still toying with the setup along with needing to pick up a couple other odds and ends.
    Absolute perfection. How tall are you? I would struggle to reach the Toms at 5'11".

    Love this.
    Owner of two gorgeous Pearl Masters kits. Metal drummer, music and drums for life!

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Sentiment View Post
    Absolute perfection. How tall are you? I would struggle to reach the Toms at 5'11".

    Love this.
    I'm only 5'9". It really isn't all that high up, helped by the fact that the 14 is only over top of 22" kicks.

  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,194

    Default

    WIN. Pure win.
    Way Too Much Crap

  5. Gear-Freak

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kaarina, Finland
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Wow! Perfection! The finish and the sizes are bang on! Congrats Pure class
    Pearl Session Studio Select
    #405 Nicotine White Marine Pearl
    10”x7”, 12”x8”, 14”x14”, 16”x16”, 22”x16”, 20”x14” Gong Drum
    Ordered: Pearl Session Studio Classic
    #103 Piano Black
    10”x7”, 13”x9”, 16”x14”, 18”x16”, 24”x15”

  6. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,589

    Default

    I gotta agree - this is 100% win. Beautiful kit, love the set up, looks great. Nice work that man

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,194

    Default

    Any way we could get a couple of pics from the front? Or has the kit already been bad and told to face the wall?
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,161

    Default

    I hope you got some cash to boot. I love natural wood finishes.

    And yes, let’s see some pics from the front.
    Pearl Reference Drums - Sabian - Evans - Vater

    22x20x2 18x16 16x16 12x10 10x9 14x6.5


  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Any way we could get a couple of pics from the front? Or has the kit already been bad and told to face the wall?
    Sadly not; it's the only way it'll fit in the room. Once I get everything settled I do hope to take it outside for a proper photo shoot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Ray View Post
    I hope you got some cash to boot. I love natural wood finishes.

    And yes, let’s see some pics from the front.
    It was a straight trade, but it did come with a four sided ICON rack and some other assorted hardware, albeit a painted one. I felt it a fair trade all things considered.

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Sadly not; it's the only way it'll fit in the room. Once I get everything settled I do hope to take it outside for a proper photo shoot.



    It was a straight trade, but it did come with a four sided ICON rack and some other assorted hardware, albeit a painted one. I felt it a fair trade all things considered.
    What was your Reference Kit color and specs you traded?
    Pearl Reference Drums - Sabian - Evans - Vater

    22x20x2 18x16 16x16 12x10 10x9 14x6.5


  11. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    2,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Ray View Post
    What was your Reference Kit color and specs you traded?
    Piano Black, 22-16-14-12-10-8. I paid $2,000 for it three years ago, got nearly $600 worth of GC bucks by using their credit card. Used that to purchase a rack and some cymbals. Basically had $1400 in the kit after it was said and done.

  12. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPD260 View Post
    Piano Black, 22-16-14-12-10-8. I paid $2,000 for it three years ago, got nearly $600 worth of GC bucks by using their credit card. Used that to purchase a rack and some cymbals. Basically had $1400 in the kit after it was said and done.
    See- this math crap confuses me. Did you get a good deal or not?
    Way Too Much Crap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •