Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    29

    Question Counter-Weight Availability & Compatibility

    Dear all,

    Is the counter-weight found on the BC-2000/2030 available to purchase individually?

    Additionally, is this part compatible with the UX-80 pipe?

  2. Enjoy Every Sandwich

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Just Here...Tuning My Notepad
    Posts
    3,209

    Default

    Counter-weight does have its own part # NP-373A, so it should be available through your local Pearl dealer. The UX80 pipe appears to be 7/8" diameter, so I don't think that counter-weight would fit on that pipe. I don't know for certain, but I do not see that working. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question. Are you looking to put a counterweight on the end of a UX80, or are you looking for the upper boom arm assembly from the BC2000 to put on to a UX80?

    Parts diagrams, catalogues and other info are available here: http://catweb.tgtel.com
    I've no affiliation with the site, I just find that it has a lot of useful information.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 9.36.35 AM.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  71.3 KB

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    146

    Default

    I believe the boom arm on the BC-2000/2030 is 5/8". I haven't measured mine, but its definitely not 7/8".

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Thank you for the info, Whiz. I’ll check out the site. Seems useful.

    Good question. Perhaps my phrasing was ambiguous. As for the counter-weight: the plan is to attach it to the end of the UX-80 to balance the weight of what is clamped on.

    Since you’ve mentioned it, I don’t see the CH-2000 available anywhere online. Has Pearl discontinued this or is there perhaps a CH-2030 I am unaware of? Is there any way to purchase this?

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
    I believe the boom arm on the BC-2000/2030 is 5/8". I haven't measured mine, but its definitely not 7/8".
    I see. Thank you for this.

    Do you reckon you would be able to take measurements?

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Yes, the boom es 5/8". You could put the counter-weight in a 5/8" tube but the original boom has a "groove" for a better fit. Anyway, the counter-weight has a key-bolt so it could work.
    WANTED ::: Tom Mapex ProM 8" Blue Ice ::: WANTED

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neilrush View Post
    Yes, the boom es 5/8". You could put the counter-weight in a 5/8" tube but the original boom has a "groove" for a better fit. Anyway, the counter-weight has a key-bolt so it could work.
    Thank you for the info. Shall keep this in mind.

  8. Enjoy Every Sandwich

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Just Here...Tuning My Notepad
    Posts
    3,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megyalila Ballad View Post
    Thank you for the info, Whiz. I’ll check out the site. Seems useful.

    Good question. Perhaps my phrasing was ambiguous. As for the counter-weight: the plan is to attach it to the end of the UX-80 to balance the weight of what is clamped on.

    Since you’ve mentioned it, I don’t see the CH-2000 available anywhere online. Has Pearl discontinued this or is there perhaps a CH-2030 I am unaware of? Is there any way to purchase this?
    It appears that the "30" series replaced the "00" series in 2013. (BC=Boom Cymbal) BC-2030, BC-1030, BC-930, BC-830 were first listed in the 2013 Pearl Price List along with the C-1030, C-930 and C-830 (straight, no boom) stands.

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    It appears that the "30" series replaced the "00" series in 2013. (BC=Boom Cymbal) BC-2030, BC-1030, BC-930, BC-830 were first listed in the 2013 Pearl Price List along with the C-1030, C-930 and C-830 (straight, no boom) stands.
    Hoping they release some form of alternative to the CH-2000 and CH-2000S at the upcoming 2020 NAMM. Been scouring the net and making calls for CH-2000S models to no avail.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •