Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default showing off my kits

i recently upgraded my Pearl Decade Maple to a Session Studio Classic with a Sensitone snare and thought about showing all the other kits i have. and use this thread as my updates and i buy new stuff

first off is the Sessions in Red Sequia
    10, 12, 16 toms 14 Sensitone snare 22 bass
    all Evans heads G2 batter G1 resonant. EMAD kick system
    all Paiste PST7 medium weight cymbals 18, 19 crashes, 20 ride, 14 hi hats

2nd is a Ludwig Classic in Cherry lacquer
    10, 12, 16 toms 14 Supraphonic snare customized to AVH specs, 22 bass
    all REMO Ambassador coated batter heads, stock Ludwig resonant heads,
    all Zildjian A Series Medium Thin 18, 20 crashes, 21 Sweet Ride, 14 New Beat hi hats

both kits use the same PDP by DW hardware and stands including 502 double pedal and 2 legged hi hat stand

the last kit is a Ludwig Element in Sunburst lacquer
    the kit currently has no heads on it as its currently in storage. its missing a few parts and im currently buying the replacement parts to put back together

i also have a Gretsch Energy kit preordered which is a complete kit with Zildjian Planet Z cymbals as a package deal for black Friday
    i also added another cymbal stand and 18 Planet Z crash which i will include pics of once received
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Pearl Masters BCX Golden Bronze Glitter
    Zildjian A Custom cymbals

Ludwig Classic in Cherry lacquer
    Paiste 2002 cymbals

2. Looks That Kill

Nice kits, love your session kit
    DW Collectors Birch Satin Oil Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black
    Side Kick Custom Drums Matte Walnut (keller shells)

3. Miles Gibbons

Tell me more about that AVH snare mod... what are the changes? Nice kits!
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

4. Thwunk

Very nice!! Sessions are awesome and I love that Ludwig Classic kit
    HHX hats, K crashes, K & Bosphorus rides
    Snares: Yamaha Bamboo Custom 5.5x14 / Ludwig Black Beauty 5x14, COB Supraphonic 6.5x14 / Pearl Mahogany Classic Limited Edition / Sonor D505
    Pearl Reference Pure (matte walnut) / SonorLite (Scandinavian birch)

5. A Passion Play ...

Great drums.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MilesAway View Post
    Tell me more about that AVH snare mod... what are the changes? Nice kits!
    It's a Ludwig Supraphonic LM402 with a 42 strand snare wire, swapped the Imperial lugs for tube lugs, brass plated diecast hoops, p86 throw off, and i used a REMO Ambassador clear for the snare side and a clear Controlled Sound for the batter. I used duct tape on the underside of the batter head in a triangle pattern since i couldnt find any gaffing tape at my hardware stores.

The only thing i didnt do was take the grinder to the shell which i wasn't gonna do on a 500.00 snare drum. Everything i did is easily reversible if i choose. Its not that far off from the "brown sound" Alex gets. Im pretty happy with it

Paiste 2002 cymbals

7. Miles Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by broken_sticks84 View Post
    It's a Ludwig Supraphonic LM402 with a 42 strand snare wire, swapped the Imperial lugs for tube lugs, brass plated diecast hoops, p86 throw off, and i used a REMO Ambassador clear for the snare side and a clear Controlled Sound for the batter. I used duct tape on the underside of the batter head in a triangle pattern since i couldnt find any gaffing tape at my hardware stores.

The only thing i didnt do was take the grinder to the shell which i wasn't gonna do on a 500.00 snare drum. Everything i did is easily reversible if i choose. Its not that far off from the "brown sound" Alex gets. Im pretty happy with it
    Nice! Thanks for the rundown. I love the AVH snare sound... I don't have many gigs where that sound would make sense, but I can get kind of close if I chuck a bunch of tape or an o-ring on my Black Beauty.
    "I'm gonna sleep outside... it's like Earth here, except less pollution, and more moons"

8. Registered User

So i found a deal too good to pass up and had to share it. There was a guy on my local Facebook swap sites selling a bunch of different cymbals and he had a Zildjian A Custom A20579-11 cymbal pack. I messaged him we agreed on 400.00 for the set. I'm so excited to try these babies out. They need a little cleaning but I thought it was a pretty good deal. No cracks, keyholing, or dents

These will replace my Paiste PST7 set on my Session Classics

Paiste 2002 cymbals