1. Registered User

Default Customer Service help please

Name:  1AA8C613-6EF0-4776-B06A-67AD5011A5AA.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  100.7 KBName:  1AA8C613-6EF0-4776-B06A-67AD5011A5AA.jpg
Size:  100.7 KBName:  1AA8C613-6EF0-4776-B06A-67AD5011A5AA.jpg
Size:  100.7 KBHi, I was just wondering if anyone out there was able to put me in touch with Pearl from Canada. I have a few questions about an older looking kit I recently picked up at a garage sale. I’m unable to find anything about it online. It’s a CBS Masterworks by Pearl wood/fibreglass kit. Beautiful looking blue tiger stripe style wrap and coffin lugs. I know it’s not a “masterworks“ kit. But it does play beautifully. Also, apparently my phone has gone nuts and uploaded the same picture three times instead of three different pictures.
    Last edited by JayJay4428; 11-29-2019 at 09:13 PM.

2. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay4428 View Post
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone out there was able to put me in touch with Pearl from Canada. I have a few questions about an older looking kit I recently picked up at a garage sale. I’m unable to find anything about it online. It’s a CBS Masterworks by Pearl wood/fibreglass kit. Beautiful looking blue tiger stripe style wrap and coffin lugs. I know it’s not a “masterworks“ kit. But it does play beautifully.
    You first said the kit is a Masterworks and in the following sentence said it’s not a Masterworks, but you also obviously think only a Canadian is capable of answering your questions. Why don’t you post some pictures. I’m sure someone on here will be able to tell you what you have.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

3. Registered User

What I meant by that was, I was pretty sure itís not a top-of-the-line modern ďmasterworksď kit. It does say CBS masterworks on it. And for what itís worth, the reason I ask for help from pearl drums, is because I have no idea how to contact them. There is no way to contact them from Canada apparently. I guess through sheer frustration Of trying over and over and not getting anywhere I didnít think of that in the moment. I apologize if I bruised your fragile American ego.

4. Registered User

I would maybe post the question to the awesome Al Percival! I'm in Canada, as well, and he was able to answer some questions about my Export Pro kit.

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Post some pictures. I can guarantee you someone could answer your questions here and possibly even guide you towards replacement parts if that’s what you need. I’m sure Pearl employee Al Percival can help if not one of the many Pearl historians on this forum.

6. Registered User

yes pictures would really help ,

When I hear of CBS as in CBS Drums I think of CB-700 drums or C. Bruno and Son and not Pearl or the masterworks name they use for a custom order.

But I know Pearl and CB-700 did share parts in the early free floater, So my guess is these are CBS masterworks which probably are 7 ply Luan plywood with Fiber glass over it that will look like late 70"s pearl drums but again without pictures who knows

OP is looking for answers which I hope he finds however annoying a member such as Quick Sticks is not a good way to go about it on which country should answer the question the drums in question that are most likely be made in china which is not the US and Canada.

Pearls customer service will I am sure try to help.

good luck they probably sound and play good and sound like fiberglass glued inside a drum shell
    Session prestige select 14x 12 tom Shell with badge Teal available

Diamond Burst MMX 4 Sale Black hardware 12,14,16,22 PM

7. Now With More "Whiz"

"CBS Masterworks" was also a division of CBS records until 1987, before Sony bought them. Is there a "CBS Masterworks" sticker on the kick head? Or is that actually labeled on the badges of the drums?

As previously stated, pictures would be quite helpful.

PS - Coffin lugs were phased out around 1987 and the Masterworks offerings weren't introduced until around 1998, I believe. So, unless someone put older lugs on a newer Masterworks, your assumption about it not being a Masterworks is very likely correct.
    Last edited by Cheez_Whiz; 11-18-2019 at 10:37 AM.

8. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay4428 View Post
    What I meant by that was, I was pretty sure it’s not a top-of-the-line modern “masterworks“ kit. It does say CBS masterworks on it. And for what it’s worth, the reason I ask for help from pearl drums, is because I have no idea how to contact them. There is no way to contact them from Canada apparently. I guess through sheer frustration Of trying over and over and not getting anywhere I didn’t think of that in the moment. I apologize if I bruised your fragile American ego.
    Way to go. It’s your first time on this forum and you’re heaving insults. You didn’t bruise my ego. You’re the one that felt that only Pearl Canada could answer your questions. I suggested posting some pics so we could help, but you’re obviously more interested in insulting Americans than getting the answers to your question. I say this because you still haven’t posted pictures, but had no problem posting an insult, eh?
    Last edited by quicksticks; 11-18-2019 at 03:19 PM.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

9. Pearl Corporation USA

I believe this could be a Pearl OEM kit made for one of our distributors years and years ago. Masterworks was the name of the OEM brand and we used to make such OEM kits using our shells and parts. CB-700 was another big OEM kit back in the old days.

Did the badge look like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

KISS uses Gibson Guitars and PEARL Drums because They Want The Best!

PEARL | ZILDJIAN | REMO

10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Way to go. Itís your first time on this forum and youíre heaving insults. You didnít bruise my ego. Youíre the one that felt that only Pearl Canada could answer your questions. I suggested posting some pics so we could help, but youíre obviously more interested in insulting Americans than getting the answers to your question. I say this because you still havenít posted pictures, but had no problem posting an insult, eh?
    Being from Canada, I assumed that contacting Pearl Canada would be a good start. Not sure what the hard part there is. And it certainly does sound like your ego is bruised, or you wouldnít be going on and on about it. Anyway, thank you for nothing, Mr. Percival was lots of help.

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Way to go. Itís your first time on this forum and youíre heaving insults. You didnít bruise my ego. Youíre the one that felt that only Pearl Canada could answer your questions. I suggested posting some pics so we could help, but youíre obviously more interested in insulting Americans than getting the answers to your question. I say this because you still havenít posted pictures, but had no problem posting an insult, eh?
    You were butthurt well before he "heaved insults" at you. Just the mere mention that someone was seeking a Canadian contact had you acting insulted. Grow up.