Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Pearl icon drum rack

Hello, my name is Rick, I知 looking to get info reviews, thoughts, ideas, and opinions from everyone who use the pearl icon drum rack. I知 looking at buying the DR 513 C which is the curved icon rack and I知 close to buying one I just need help being pushed over the edge.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rick2stix View Post
    Hello, my name is Rick, I’m looking to get info reviews, thoughts, ideas, and opinions from everyone who use the pearl icon drum rack. I’m looking at buying the DR 513 C which is the curved icon rack and I’m close to buying one I just need help being pushed over the edge.
    I'll chime in. I was a stands only guy and I loved it that way. Never feeling the need for a rack. Then I bought a used kit that came with the 3 sided curved ICON rack. Now I love it. They both have their ups and downs. Are you buy new or used?

There are many upgrades and add-ons for the ICON racks and people mod them in all sorts of ways.

As far as helping to make a decision...it's really up to you.

Are you gigging? Touring? Just getting started drumming? Does your credit card have no limit?

With the right amount of money the racks can be almost unlimited in their options.

Good luck with the decision and drum on.

3. Registered User

In the Summer of 2018, I purchased a Roland TD-50KV-RM. That kit included a new Rack by Randall May. I gave it a year, but I swapped out the rack for the Pearl Icon DR513C with a few additional clamp options. The difference is night and day and the ergonomic opportunities for the Icon are endless. I'm still tweaking mine to have everything placed perfectly for my wants/needs, but the beauty of the rack and clamps is that the kit will be to those exact specs every time. Since the before/after pic attached, I've also added a 27" monitor directly to the rack that I use for Drumeo, YouTube, etc. My one suggestion is to use the PCX200 instead of the PCX100 as it offers much more versatility. I also added two additional PCL100's for the rear pipes that I was able to use for speakers that are absolutely perfect. I have delusions of adding rail additions to float my snare... but that's only because I'm always up for a challenge (lol). I'm happy to help if you have any questions I didn't answer here.

Name:  Kit_B4AR_191124.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  72.2 KB
    Name:  Kit_BRDSI_191124.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  50.4 KB