Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Now With More "Whiz"

Definitely was a mercy killing...

2. Totally Rad

I wouldn't mind a maple 14x6 or 14x7 to collect, but finding and original none gc one without vents doesn't seem like something they made lol

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    Back in 2001, I jumped on the OCDP 20-ply vented snare craze. I was living and working in California at that time and drove down to pick up my snare. Back in 2001, OCDP worked out of a tiny industrial rental space just outside Anaheim, CA. I paid $1050.00 for the 20-ply snare, kept it for a little over a year (played a few gigs with it) and sold it to a Las Vegas strip drummer for $900.00 a little over a year and a half later. This was prior to OCDP going the cheaper GC route.
    You got out while you still could.

Quote Originally Posted by AL PERCIVAL View Post
    I really killed the OCDP thread huh?
    The story was worth it if so.

4. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    I dunno'. If it includes everything pictured (drums, pedals, stands, cymbals and cases) $3k isn't too far out of line; although I still wouldn't pay that much. If just drums, cases and tom arms, then yes, it is way overpriced.

Edit: Never Mind...just reread the ad and it doesn't include cymbals, pedals, hardware (other than tom arms) or rack. I wouldn't pay anywhere near $3k for that.
    It doesn't even include the snare!

"This kit was originally around $10,000 but Iím now asking $3,000 for this amazing collectorís drum set."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Who would pay $10,000 for those drums?!
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    It doesn't even include the snare!

"This kit was originally around $10,000 but I’m now asking $3,000 for this amazing collector’s drum set."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Who would pay $10,000 for those drums?!
    Plenty did.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Registered User

OCDP, Epiarch, Conaway. The companies of the early 2000's have long since sunset. I just follow what's going on with Shane and Drum Center of Portsmouth to see what's relevant. Expensive, boutique like A&F from Austin, TX and British Drum Co.

I'm still not sure how that drum shop is striving in the modern era but they celebrated 10 years recently with all those limited run snares built just for them.

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Bostic View Post
    OCDP, Epiarch, Conaway. The companies of the early 2000's have long since sunset. I just follow what's going on with Shane and Drum Center of Portsmouth to see what's relevant. Expensive, boutique like A&F from Austin, TX and British Drum Co.

I'm still not sure how that drum shop is striving in the modern era but they celebrated 10 years recently with all those limited run snares built just for them.
    SJC is still out there I think.

And don’t forget the “Christian Drummers Army” companies like Truth, Risen and Joyful Noise.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

On the original topic --

It looks like OCDP have definitely lost value, especially the kits. The snares haven't dropped like a rock, but have decreased. But all used drums decrease in price (see masterworks example above).
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bostic View Post

I remember when the Epiarch guy (a PDF member) posted a recording of himself playing what he claimed was a solo for a pep rally at his college on one of his kits. He put fake audience noises on top of what was clearly a studio-recorded track. The audience noises were on a loop, so every thirty seconds you'd hear the exact same series of cheers.

I think he tried to get out of it by claiming a friend of his had posted under his account for some reason, then he made a second account claiming to be the friend and that everything was true.

I don't know if he ever recovered from that.

Edit: found it immediately on Google
    https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...and-my-new-kit

Edit 2: He had Dale, who was a mod at the time, edit his post over six years after the fact to apologize for what he'd done. Goodness.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

10. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    I remember when the Epiarch guy (a PDF member) posted a recording of himself playing what he claimed was a solo for a pep rally at his college on one of his kits. He put fake audience noises on top of what was clearly a studio-recorded track. The audience noises were on a loop, so every thirty seconds you'd hear the exact same series of cheers.

I think he tried to get out of it by claiming a friend of his had posted under his account for some reason, then he made a second account claiming to be the friend and that everything was true.

Edit 2: He had Dale, who was a mod at the time, edit his post over six years after the fact to apologize for what he'd done. Goodness.
    OMG, that thread is amazing reading.
    Way Too Much Crap

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post

It must have been someone else, because I didn’t do it. At least, I don’t remember doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    OMG, that thread is amazing reading.
    You just missed it live. It was when the PDF’s chaos was in the heyday. The forum was entertaining, I’ve got to say that. That one and the kid who challenged everyone to a drum battle and created his own Wikipedia page is another classic.

12. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    It must have been someone else, because I didn’t do it. At least, I don’t remember doing it.

You just missed it live. It was when the PDF’s chaos was in the heyday. The forum was entertaining, I’ve got to say that. That one and the kid who challenged everyone to a drum battle and created his own Wikipedia page is another classic.
    Also the kid who told everyone that he was 11 and used the hi hat pedal.
    Way Too Much Crap