Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 97 to 108 of 114
  1. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    T A M A
    michaelfassbenderperfection.gif

    I've been down the electronic rabbit hole. It's great fun and the triggers these days are really flexible when it comes to sizes, shapes, and placement options. Godspeed on that journey, JYK.

  2. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    michaelfassbenderperfection.gif

    I've been down the electronic rabbit hole. It's great fun and the triggers these days are really flexible when it comes to sizes, shapes, and placement options. Godspeed on that journey, JYK.
    Thanks.

    So what is a good wattage amp to handle e-drums?
    Way Too Much Crap

  3. Comrade Tim

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Russian Annex, North America
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    I use a Simmons DA200s on my DTX700 kit.....my main kit I just route through the PA in the shop into my monitor....

    Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    I use a Simmons DA200s on my DTX700 kit.....my main kit I just route through the PA in the shop into my monitor....
    Can I use a 30-50W amp for the BT-1?
    Way Too Much Crap

  5. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Linsay House
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Can I use a 30-50W amp for the BT-1?
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

  6. Comrade Tim

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Russian Annex, North America
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Wait....need to backup the bus a sec.....

    ....the BT-1 is a trigger pad.....what are you *triggering*?

    Do you have a module?

    Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

  7. Comrade Tim

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Russian Annex, North America
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Can I use a 30-50W amp for the BT-1?
    Simmons makes a 50w version (DA50)....

    Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

  8. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    One of my top 5 fave movies and I quote that scene routinely.
    Way Too Much Crap

  9. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    Wait....need to backup the bus a sec.....

    ....the BT-1 is a trigger pad.....what are you *triggering*?

    Do you have a module?

    Yes. TD-9KX2.

    Months ago I found a little 11W amp on the curb. It's been sitting in my apt. for months. Well I brought it to the studio tonight and I got everything to work- kinda. The amp is WAY too small to rise above the drums and cymbals but at least I got the bar trigger working.
    Way Too Much Crap

  10. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,560

    Default

    Ya'll need to get to a Craig Blundell Roland clinic to really see what triggers and modules can do these days. I love his clinics, both for learning new stuff I know nothing about (such as E drums) and also just because Craig is such a wonderful guy: great player, great clinician, great human being.

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

  11. NO KIT TOO BIG

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Ya'll need to get to a Craig Blundell Roland clinic to really see what triggers and modules can do these days. I love his clinics, both for learning new stuff I know nothing about (such as E drums) and also just because Craig is such a wonderful guy: great player, great clinician, great human being.
    I don't think he's doing the clinics anymore, or from what he was saying on a kit tour video with Graham Russell Drums last week, there's none for the foreseeable, because he's been so busy on the road with Steven Wilson and Steve Hackett, which as well as some sessions, have him working continuously. Its a shame that he isn't because of how great they were, but the youtube videos he's done are great if a little out of date now, and its great that he's doing the gigs he is.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

    Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

    4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

  12. The Hardware Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London-ish
    Posts
    14,560

    Default

    Hopefully that will change - I always try to catch him when he's doing a clinic tour. The last two at PMT Romford have been superb: he makes them very engaging and interesting, not just for gear-nerds but also for non-drummers. I really do think he's one of the best clinicians we have, and alongside Steve White, is one of the best educators we have too.

    PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •