Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 114
  1. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    LOL

    You’re too much bro. Thanks for the... fix?
    Way Too Much Crap

  2. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,805

    Default

    Also, those mounts are gone anyway:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Way Too Much Crap

  3. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Fixed!
    Ņʎןןǝꓘ ⅄ſ

  4. Blind and Faithless

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    3,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Yes, it is satin HW. Iíve already trimmed 6Ē off of all but two of the vertical tube legs. Theyíre needlessly tall. What id really like to do is trim three of the four horizontal square bars. They are WAY too long. Too much wasted space on either side of the kicks. But from what I can tell, that is a pretty large undertaking involving table clamps, hacksaws, drills and hammers.
    It's not a bad job if you have access to the right tools. I cut down my horizontal bars on a basement floor with a dull hacksaw, some screwdrivers, and a mallet. It was very tedious and a bit sloppy, but that was all I had access to at the time. Would I do that again? Hell no. Would I cut an Icon rack again? Hell yes, but I have access to a large workbench and plenty of tools now. Plus I like to think I'm slightly smarter than the pee-brained 21-year-old version of myself that decided to take an old hacksaw to my rack nine nears ago.

    From what I remember the hardest part is getting the end clamp out of the square tubes. Cut the tube first, then smack it out from the inside. You don't even need to put the set screw back in; I never did. The clamp sits so tight in the square tube as is. I planned on drilling/tapping a new hole, but I'm close to 10 years now on this modified rack and it's still rock solid.

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    I'd like to find one curved icon square tube. I have the three already but I'd like to cut a 60/40 or 70/ 30 split on length. So' so could do shorty/stealthy rack set up. I only use two curved and I could cut the third one down but the they'd be open ended. So if I found just one more it would be sweet. I'm wanting to cut the height on the up rights too!

    Kits looking great, D

  6. Starclassic Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Alliance, OH
    Posts
    3,045

    Default

    I love it. It almost made me miss having a double bass kit. But now that i record in my basement and trigger live, There's really no justification for it. How much time are you spending in your new drum haven?
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

    Formerly TreCoolFool

  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    I love it. It almost made me miss having a double bass kit. But now that i record in my basement and trigger live, There's really no justification for it. How much time are you spending in your new drum haven?
    A LOT. Heading over soon. I have thurs, fri and sat off. I may take the two front bars to my MiL’s and have a go at the square bars. There’s a full workshop in the basement.
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,805

    Default

    Also, I’m trying to figure the right amount to cut off of each end.
    Way Too Much Crap

  9. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Also, I’m trying to figure the right amount to cut off of each end.
    Well, you can head on down to your local hardware store and ask for this thing called a 'tape-measure'. It'll fix you right up.

  10. Starclassic Guy

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Alliance, OH
    Posts
    3,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    A LOT. Heading over soon. I have thurs, fri and sat off. I may take the two front bars to my MiL’s and have a go at the square bars. There’s a full workshop in the basement.
    This is literally the reason i went with a gibraltar for my starclassics. I love pearl racks but they are just to hard to customize. And if i do screw something up with a Gib rack bar, they aren't overly expensive to replace. That said, you cant beat the square rack tubes for stability. Even if its just for the piece of mind. I so far havn't had anything slip on the gibraltar, and everything is memory locked in place. Doesn't change the fact that there's always the chance it could happen.
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/al...p?albumid=1153 <---- My Drums

    Formerly TreCoolFool

  11. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilB1029 View Post
    This is literally the reason i went with a gibraltar for my starclassics. I love pearl racks but they are just to hard to customize. And if i do screw something up with a Gib rack bar, they aren't overly expensive to replace. That said, you cant beat the square rack tubes for stability. Even if its just for the piece of mind. I so far havn't had anything slip on the gibraltar, and everything is memory locked in place. Doesn't change the fact that there's always the chance it could happen.
    With memory locks, 200 lb. Brent can do pull-ups on a Gibraltar rack... which makes the Icon square pipe less important.



    Also, the buttery-soft aluminum square pipes start wearing instantly when you add clamps; the cast metal clamps dig into the square pipes and start chewing them up.

    Name:  pipe.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  42.0 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  12. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Linsay House
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    With memory locks, 200 lb. Brent can do pull-ups on a Gibraltar rack... which makes the Icon square pipe less important.



    Also, the buttery-soft aluminum square pipes start wearing instantly when you add clamps; the cast metal clamps dig into the square pipes and start chewing them up.

    Name:  pipe.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  42.0 KB
    And let's face it, the square rig is just ugly by comparison.
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •