Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    26

    Default Added a 14" Floor Tom very cheaply.

    I found this Tama Swingstar 14" FT in Wine Red at Music Go Round for $20.00
    Not to sure about it....If it holds a tune, I guess I'll be happy.
    I will say it is weird adjusting to an added FT, thats for sure.....Name:  20191031_154148.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  60.7 KB
    Pearl Forum 22x16 BD, 13x9 TT, 12x8 TT, 14x14 FT (Tama), 16x16 FT, 14x5 Sensitone Steel.
    Sabian B8-Pro Hi-Hats, Sabian B8-Pro 18" Thin Crash, Sabian XS20 18" Thin Crash, Sabian XS20 20" Medium Ride,
    Sabian XS20 18" Chinese, Sabian XS20 14" Crash, Remo Heads Gibraltar Hardware.

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    26

    Default

    OUCH !
    Okay...I am officially OLD.
    Just trying to get used to the added 14" FT, which pushed my 16" further to my right and somewhat behind me.
    Well....Back muscles said NOT SO FAST there old man.....
    Pearl Forum 22x16 BD, 13x9 TT, 12x8 TT, 14x14 FT (Tama), 16x16 FT, 14x5 Sensitone Steel.
    Sabian B8-Pro Hi-Hats, Sabian B8-Pro 18" Thin Crash, Sabian XS20 18" Thin Crash, Sabian XS20 20" Medium Ride,
    Sabian XS20 18" Chinese, Sabian XS20 14" Crash, Remo Heads Gibraltar Hardware.

  3. The Sensitone Guy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Half the fun of playing drums is adjusting to all sorts of crazy drum setups. Today I can be Neil Peart. Tomorrow I can be Charlie Watts. The next day; Gene Krupa. In my opinion, that's money well spent.

  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    472

    Default

    I gotta be MEEEEEE!!!

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChongRRMC View Post
    OUCH ! Okay...I am officially OLD. Just trying to get used to the added 14" FT, which pushed my 16" further to my right and somewhat behind me. Well....Back muscles said NOT SO FAST there old man.....
    Set the floor toms up wider, instead of behind you. I had the same problem trying to play 16" and 18" floor toms on one of my old kits. The 18" was so far behind me I was almost in a different band when using it!

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Set the floor toms up wider, instead of behind you. I had the same problem trying to play 16" and 18" floor toms on one of my old kits. The 18" was so far behind me I was almost in a different band when using it!
    Thank You for the advice, Rocker. And I will absolutely try that. As soon as my back gets better.
    Pearl Forum 22x16 BD, 13x9 TT, 12x8 TT, 14x14 FT (Tama), 16x16 FT, 14x5 Sensitone Steel.
    Sabian B8-Pro Hi-Hats, Sabian B8-Pro 18" Thin Crash, Sabian XS20 18" Thin Crash, Sabian XS20 20" Medium Ride,
    Sabian XS20 18" Chinese, Sabian XS20 14" Crash, Remo Heads Gibraltar Hardware.

  7. Registered User

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy H View Post
    Half the fun of playing drums is adjusting to all sorts of crazy drum setups. Today I can be Neil Peart. Tomorrow I can be Charlie Watts. The next day; Gene Krupa. In my opinion, that's money well spent.
    Might just try knocking it down to a 3 piece.... Not today, but soon as my back gets better.
    Pearl Forum 22x16 BD, 13x9 TT, 12x8 TT, 14x14 FT (Tama), 16x16 FT, 14x5 Sensitone Steel.
    Sabian B8-Pro Hi-Hats, Sabian B8-Pro 18" Thin Crash, Sabian XS20 18" Thin Crash, Sabian XS20 20" Medium Ride,
    Sabian XS20 18" Chinese, Sabian XS20 14" Crash, Remo Heads Gibraltar Hardware.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •