Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Unban nik12

Cool My DW Performance Series

Hey everyone! Been a while since I posted, so Iíd figure Iíd show off the current state of my kit. My main band broke up at the beginning of February, so I havenít been playing nearly as much, but Iím doing some demoing tonight for a new band Iím working on with some good friends. Iíve bought/sold/traded a lot of gear over the past few months and this is where Iíve ended up! I honestly feel like I have the best kit I could ask for, Iím in love with everything about it and for once I donít feel like thereís anything I need to change! Itís a great feeling that Iím sure wonít last very long, but Iím gonna enjoy it while itís here! Anyways, specs follow:

Shells:
    DW Performance Series, Black Mirra lacquer
    12x9
    16x14
    22x18
    14x6.5 Udrum 5mm bell brass snare; not my band but hereís a link if youíd like to hear it in action! I loaned it to my buddy for his bandís session GIDEON

Cymbals:
    14Ē Z Custom Hihats
    20Ē A Custom Crash
    22Ē Paiste Alpha Metal Ride
    21Ē A Sweet Ride
    19Ē AAXtreme China
    (Not pictured is an 8Ē Stagg splash I forgot to set up for this picture)

Hardware is all DW 9000, including a double tom stand for the rack tom, 20Ē crash, and splash, 2 9000 booms on the right, china clamped to one on a DW boom, 9000 snare stand, 5000 2-leg hihat stand, Roc-N-Soc Nitro Throne, and a set of Tama Speed Cobra 900ís, Iím using Lowboy wooden beaters with leather patches.

No front shots at the moment, but Iíll grab some tonight before we practice/demo!

Cheers!
    Mitch
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Dirtysticks

Thumbs up!
    -Tama Granstar II Birch (12x11, 16x16, 22x16)
    -Pearl Mixed Series kit (8x7, 10x8, 16x14, 20x14)
    -Meinl Custom Classics Dark
    -Paiste 2002, 602, Rude
    -An array of snare drums

3. Registered User

4. A Passion Play ...

Looks comfy. Great kit.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

5. Unban nik12

Thanks for the kind words and the rep so far! Hereís a quit frontal picture I got, the logo is a decal I got on Etsy, itís actually chrome, which I think is a really cool touch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. Music Lover

Nice! That looks like my kind of drum set. May they give you years of musical joy. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman ><>

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Mapex Saturn (snare, bass drum, and toms); Mapex MPX (snare); Sabian AA, AAX, HHX, and SR2 ; Evans ; LA Backbeat

Church Drummers Army

7. Thwunk

This looks totally awesome. Great set up!!
    HHX hats, K crashes, K & Bosphorus rides
    Snares: Yamaha Bamboo Custom 5.5x14 / Ludwig Black Beauty 5x14, COB Supraphonic 6.5x14 / Pearl Mahogany Classic Limited Edition / Sonor D505
    Pearl Reference Pure (matte walnut) / SonorLite (Scandinavian birch)

8. Registered User

Nice Kit! That angle (front picí) makes the bass look 20Ē deep.

9. Unban nik12

Thanks everyone! Gonna get back to gigging again soon, so I’ll definitely be posting more pics, might have a couple additions in the future, such as an extra rack tom, if I can find one, but Black Mirra was not produced for long, so the pickings are slim. Hopefully I’ll be able to share some clips of these boys in action as well, they’re really incredible drums. Never got the DW hype until I owned these, and I honestly haven’t been convinced that they’re inferior to the Collector’s series, other than by the amount of options available. I used to switch up my gear pretty often but I think I’ll be using this setup for a long while into the future. I’ve owned them for about a year and a half now and I love them even more than when I first got them.

10. Registered User

Well done, dig it!
    My Kits-

Reference 4pc Setup

Reference Kit-

My Homebuilt kit..

Want to trade my 22x18 Granite Sparkle Bass drum for 20x18 Granite Sparkle. Hit me up :D

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

More pictures? How does it compare to DW’s high end line? I like the smaller lugs more than the standard ones they are known for, much better.

12. Unban nik12

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    More pictures? How does it compare to DW’s high end line? I like the smaller lugs more than the standard ones they are known for, much better.
    I’ll definitely try to get more soon, they’re currently cased up in the house/studio where my band practices. I haven’t gotten to really spend a lot of time behind a Collector’s lately to give a fair comparison, but they’re honestly a higher quality than my old Starclassic kit. They’re incredibly easy to tune, super resonant, and the hardware is very solid. I plan on holding onto these for a long time, the only thing I would consider trading them for would be a Collector’s of some kind, but like I said, I couldn’t honestly compare them. I think the Collector’s have re-rings, so I’d be interested in comparing them side-by-side to hear if they actually make a difference, I believe that the Collector’s also use a different shell construction regarding plies and grain orientation but I’m less inclined to believe that those factors make an audible difference. Cheers.