Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 28

Thread: Tommy_D's Drums

  1. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
    Speaking of drums that are for sale, or in this case "were" for sale, here are some photos of my recently sold PDP Concept Maple in Transparent Cherry. Sizes are 12/14/20/14. Cymbals are a mix of Istanbul Mehmet and Sabian HHX's. Hardware is all Gibraltar.

    Are you a photographer, or do you have a friend with a photography studio?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I have camera gear and a backdrop but I'm not a photographer. Just someone who likes taking photos. No studio. These are taken in my basement. Depending on the size of the kit or the angle of the photo, I have to use photoshop to add in a bit more back drop on the edges of the image.



    This one took a while to add in the extra background.
    Last edited by Tommy_D; 10-13-2019 at 06:11 PM.

  3. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
    I have camera gear and a backdrop but I'm not a photographer. Just someone who likes taking photos. No studio. These are taken in my basement. Depending on the size of the kit or the angle of the photo, I have to use photoshop to add in a bit more back drop on the edges of the image.



    This one took a while to add in the extra background.
    Your photos are really nice.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  4. Registered User

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Bayou Country
    Posts
    481

    Default

    So frigging redundant quoting the entire previous post.

    Amazing how you guys just don't get it.

  5. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Your photos are really nice.
    Thanks! Its just a 2 light setup with umbrellas, shot in RAW and some editing/color correction in post. Nothing major. I don't do any crazy stuff to hide flaws or fix reflections on the bass drum heads. Case in point, you can see the ugly green floor with the even uglier rug I'm kneeling on in the reflection of the PDP's bass drum head.

  6. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Your photos are really nice.
    I agree.
    Way Too Much Crap

  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
    Thanks! Its just a 2 light setup with umbrellas, shot in RAW and some editing/color correction in post. Nothing major. I don't do any crazy stuff to hide flaws or fix reflections on the bass drum heads. Case in point, you can see the ugly green floor with the even uglier rug I'm kneeling on in the reflection of the PDP's bass drum head.
    Still a really great job. Cheers.
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I need to get some nicer photos of this kit, but here is my PDP Concept Birch kit in natural to charcoal fade:



    Sizes are 24x14, 10x8, 12x9, another 12x9, and 16x14. Snare is a 14x5.5 PDP Ace with Pearl Mastercast hoops on it. Sabian Cymbals (Mix of AAX, HH, and HHX series) and Tama Hardware. I decided to try Evans Onyx heads on this kit. One of these days, I'll pull this out to take proper photos. Maybe when I cut new edges on the drums.

    This is arguably my coolest kit... because it has a cowbell.
    Last edited by Tommy_D; 10-17-2019 at 05:12 PM.

  9. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fraser Valley, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Those Reference MCC’s are absolutely Gorgeous! That set up looks like a blast to play.

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Thanks, Pearlnpaisteguy. That setup really made me think about new ways of creating drum parts. Right now, the kit is in cases and I am getting my Mapex Saturn kit setup in it's place. I'm thinking I'll go 3 up/2 down with it. I'll probably be less creative though.

  11. Looks That Kill

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    4,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
    I need to get some nicer photos of this kit, but here is my PDP Concept Birch kit in natural to charcoal fade:



    Sizes are 24x14, 10x8, 12x9, another 12x9, and 16x14. Snare is a 14x5.5 PDP Ace with Pearl Mastercast hoops on it. Sabian Cymbals (Mix of AAX, HH, and HHX series) and Tama Hardware. I decided to try Evans Onyx heads on this kit. One of these days, I'll pull this out to take proper photos. Maybe when I cut new edges on the drums.

    This is arguably my coolest kit... because it has a cowbell.
    Were the edges junk on this kit when you got it?
    DW Collectors Birch Satin Oil Natural
    Pearl Masters Maple Complete Matte Black
    Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Raven Black

  12. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Your collection of cymbals is fantastic!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •