Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Registered User

Really informative piece on Ginger Baker. He wasn't a horrible person all the time like some would lead us to believe.
    http://chriswelchonline.com/ginger-t...lbgDtNIeRYnM3w

2. NO KIT TOO BIG

Just watched the "Beware of Mr Baker" documentary, would highly recommend it to anyone, fan or not, fascinating insight into the diverse life of one of the most infamous musicians in history.
    Pearl, Natal, Ludwig, Tama, Slingerland, Premier Drums
    Zildjian, Sabian, Zyn Cymbals
    PEARL, LUDWIG, TAMA, YAMAHA, NATAL and DW Snares

Roland, Dauz, FAT KAT and Koby Electronics, and loads of Percussion

4 Kits and 8 Snares, and I still don't have enough!

3. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by RushDrums24 View Post
    Just watched the "Beware of Mr Baker" documentary, would highly recommend it to anyone, fan or not, fascinating insight into the diverse life of one of the most infamous musicians in history.

it's 1 am and i'm watching the ''documentary''' right now.

apart of who he's been as drummer, and who he was as person,his unprevisible,even mad temper, what i'm getting is that, all the guys he played with along his career are RICH,but him,he's broke and alone.

bruce and clapton made and still pocket more money than him via cream records. i kind of find this unfair.

sure,he has built his own environnement in all knowledge of what his caracter was implying.....but....cream. most of the song,if he hadn't been there on the drummer seat,most of those said ''hits''' wouldn't had been ''hits''' probably ; believes the roots of his sour personalty is coming off from the fact he didn't collected the respect he deserved from his peer,the people he played with.he was seen like a red animal,a madman,and only a few were praising his gifted talent.
    back then, what they all projected on him was his questionable temperament.

i find the doc touching,the man himself,diminished like he is now.....i understand much better NOW who he's been and who he is now as person .his way of seeing his past,and present.....what a very special unit of the human breed lol

as for his playing, he was inventive,that is his main quality as musician, but ,by today standards, his playing was inconsistent. it was all rage,but kind of controlled/canalized. on some records and live takes,he was edging on perfection ,on some others,it was a wave of mistakes and inconsistent playing.must be related to his madness LOL. he and moon were the same in that regard.
    Last edited by rollracer; 10-12-2019 at 12:34 AM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

4. Registered User

He wouldn't have hit me in the nose with that cane.

I'd a blocked that move!

5. life start at 125bpm

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    He wouldn't have hit me in the nose with that cane.

I'd a blocked that move!
    it was his way to say ''''goodbye my friend''''.

all along the interview in his south africa farm,he's really looking like a deeply frustrated man.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes