Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Chomp, Chomp

Lefty, I think the Premiums had a little more lacquer on the interior of the shell. They also came in Red Glass like Lonny’s and Bronze Glass like mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

2. Registered User

Ok I tried it, now I'm in love, the sound is like a punch, it's like arguing with a fighter.
    This evening I'm going to test a Session.

3. A Passion Play ...

The MCX was a great line of drums.
    I will never part with mine. I hope you
    are able to pick them up for a good price.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

4. Registered User

In the end I bought a Session, very good deal for a few bucks, I will soon open a thread to help me identify the year and wood.

5. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by LeftySlammer92 View Post
    MRP and MCX were essentially the exact same thing. Same shells, same drum hardware, and if you preferred standard configurations, same sizes.
    False. While the bare wood shell might have been the same, the finishing process for an MCX and a MRP were different. Also, the MRP bass drum hoops were fully finished, while the MCX bass drum hoops only had the shell finish on the outer ply. The inner plies of MRP drums were finished nicer as well. There was more time and materials in a Masters Premium shell. As far as hardware goes, there were several upgrades when choosing MRP over MCX. In a kit, MRP hardware upgrades included stainless steel tension rods [Think that's no big deal? Try to buy some], upgraded Opti-Mounts, Golden Ratio air vents, nicer floor tom leg mounts, and nicer floor tom leg feet. MRP snare drums were upgraded with STL (swivel) tube lugs, while MCX snares came with CL lugs.

If you're not into details, the MCX is a great value with excellent sound. If you're looking for finer finishes and more attention to detail, the MRP delivers, but at a price.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE