Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Now With More "Whiz"

Default BD question (sorry, not really sure where to ask this)

Sooooo, a while back I picked up a Pearl "Vari Pitch" setup and put them in storage until I could figure out what (if anything) to do with them. I recently pulled them out of storage to potentially re-wrap them and possibly try to sell them. I was curious if anyone has any info about the bass drum that is/was included with the kit. Seems like it is just an Export (not a 22" rototom with phenolic shell), but it seems to have some odd inner ply lining. The kick, and the rest of the kit, are wrapped in a chrome finish (actual metal) and are significantly rusted. My present plan is to re-wrap them, touch up the rototom metal and try to find a good home for them. My question is, can anyone tell me what series/model this kick drum is and what is the scaly inner lining? I've not seen that on Pearl (or any other brands) before, so I just wanted to ask.

Pics below...Thanks:

Name:  IMG-0418.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  56.7 KB
    Name:  IMG-0415.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  38.4 KB
    Name:  IMG-0417.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  33.7 KB

2. Registered User

Looks like fiberglass

3. Rockin' the Cosmos..

yeah it's Fiberglass .. 70's Wood-Fiberglass shell to be exact .. 9 ply Asian Mahogany with interior fiberglass

4. Now With More "Whiz"

Thanks to both of you.

I assumed it was fiberglass, but didn't expect it to be so crudely installed. Wasn't sure if it had been added later (ala Peart's Vibrafibing on some of his earlier kits) to an existing drum.

Again, thanks for the info. Glad to see the PDF is still somewhat useful and relevant.