Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 15
  1. Registered User

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default Let's hear your recordings!

    Hey drummers! Let's hear your recordings...with your band or as a solo....or podcast! Check mine out below!

    https://anchor.fm/thesound/episodes/...-Series-ankviv

  2. More beer.

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway
    Posts
    2,543

    Default

    https://open.spotify.com/user/phonop...SDKjGaW-OaXF8A

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WoBZ5Prx4Zg

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DFNBP4kMSRs

    My band, Astradica. We play somewhere between Maiden, Metallica and old school metal I guess. Dropped a single in 2019 named "Alive" which sounds better than the other songs. No new album in sight yet but we are working on it.

    Edit: no pearl visions in this though..
    Last edited by Justice; 09-16-2019 at 06:49 AM.

  3. Registered User

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    30

    Default

    do covers count? if so heres my fist cover on a miced acoustic kit
    https://youtu.be/x7AQuxT66yY

    i have used electronic drums for my covers but after multiple failures and breakdowns i switched to acoustics this is my fist recording
    Pearl Vision Concord Fade fusion 10, 12, 14, toms 20 kick 14 snare. Paiste PST7 cymbals 16x2,18, crashes, 20 ride, 14 hi-hats


    Pearl Decade Black Ice 10, 12, 16, toms 22 kick 14 snare Zildjian A Series cymbals 16,17,18,20 crashes, 21 Sweet Ride, 14 New Beat hi-hats


  4. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    I do home recording stuff with my guitarist, who is across the country from me. We bring in singers and bass players as needed.

    Here is the link to our heavier stuff (3 more will be added soon to this one): https://bumfuzzle.bandcamp.com/

    And here is a link to our less heavy stuff: https://theoffdutystars.bandcamp.com/

    The recordings reflect changing recording gear & techniques over time, so not all are of equal quality. Still, I'm proud of each song for one reason or another.

  5. @joeyryandrums

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Chives - Fell and Franklin 5:09
    Chives - It's Getting Late 2:37

    2 Tracks off our first album we just released.
    Recorded ourselves in Long Beach, CA

    instagram: @chives.mp3

    Drums are
    C&C 3 ply Maple/Poplar w/ reinforcement rings
    22x14, 13x9, 16x15
    A&F Raw Brass 14x5

    Cymbals
    Meinl Byzance
    14" Sand Hi Hats w/ stack ring jingle
    22" Sand Ride
    18" Thin sand crash
    18" Trash crash


    thanks for listening!

  6. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TVTjoey View Post
    Chives - Fell and Franklin 5:09
    Chives - It's Getting Late 2:37

    2 Tracks off our first album we just released.
    Recorded ourselves in Long Beach, CA

    instagram: @chives.mp3

    Drums are
    C&C 3 ply Maple/Poplar w/ reinforcement rings
    22x14, 13x9, 16x15
    A&F Raw Brass 14x5

    Cymbals
    Meinl Byzance
    14" Sand Hi Hats w/ stack ring jingle
    22" Sand Ride
    18" Thin sand crash
    18" Trash crash


    thanks for listening!
    Seriously, you are one of the people on here I've wanted to hear play. But, I don't do Spotify (no account & will not get one), so I can't check your stuff out. Do you have any posted elsewhere (Bandcamp, YouTube, etc.)?

  7. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    I do home recording stuff with my guitarist, who is across the country from me. We bring in singers and bass players as needed.

    Here is the link to our heavier stuff (3 more will be added soon to this one): https://bumfuzzle.bandcamp.com/

    And here is a link to our less heavy stuff: https://theoffdutystars.bandcamp.com/

    The recordings reflect changing recording gear & techniques over time, so not all are of equal quality. Still, I'm proud of each song for one reason or another.
    Mike, I really like "My foot in your A**"... that sounded great! What did you play to achieve that bell sound in "Black"? Thanks for posting!
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  8. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post

    Mike, I really like "My foot in your A**"... that sounded great! What did you play to achieve that bell sound in "Black"? Thanks for posting!
    Thanks, Matt!

    The vocalist on "My Foot In Your A**" is an awesome punk singer from Germany, who I met through a Facebook group. I was hoping for that song to be done in German (we just provided the music, he & his producer friend came up with the lyrics & samples) but they ended up using English. Given how it came out, I am happy with their choice. I still hope to do something with him in German down the road because when else in my life is that ever likely to happen?

    The bell sound in "Black" was my 9.5" Zil-Bel. I finally found a use for that ridiculous thing.

  9. @joeyryandrums

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Seriously, you are one of the people on here I've wanted to hear play. But, I don't do Spotify (no account & will not get one), so I can't check your stuff out. Do you have any posted elsewhere (Bandcamp, YouTube, etc.)?
    wow cheers man! yes, here's the bandcamp link,

    Bandcamp, Chives - Ain't It Funny

    recording a single this weekend too, which i'm excited about because I have a completely new set of drums and cymbals.


    BUMFUZZLE is dope! love the different vibes, the Situation Room is probably my favorite, but My Foot in Your ***, is freakin great lol

  10. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TVTjoey View Post
    wow cheers man! yes, here's the bandcamp link,

    Bandcamp, Chives - Ain't It Funny

    recording a single this weekend too, which i'm excited about because I have a completely new set of drums and cymbals.


    BUMFUZZLE is dope! love the different vibes, the Situation Room is probably my favorite, but My Foot in Your ***, is freakin great lol
    Thanks for the link. I'm almost done listening to the album. It's very chill. I love the banjo in what is playing now. Nice job on it all!

    As for the stuff with my guitarist, we're just some old guys who know pretty much no one will ever hear what we do, so we just do whatever comes to mind at the time. I like the freedom to not try to make songs fit a certain style. I guess the problem with that approach is that you're not going to be equally good at all styles you try but whatevs. It's all in good fun. I've been amazed that people we don't know have offered to do stuff with us. On Shock Me (on the Off Duty Stars page), the bass player is Richie Castillo, who was the bass player in one of my favorite bands from the '80s & '90s, Mind Over Four. I still can't believe 1 of my heroes played on something I did!

  11. Playing since 1976

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Foreman View Post
    Thanks, Matt!

    The vocalist on "My Foot In Your A**" is an awesome punk singer from Germany, who I met through a Facebook group. I was hoping for that song to be done in German (we just provided the music, he & his producer friend came up with the lyrics & samples) but they ended up using English. Given how it came out, I am happy with their choice. I still hope to do something with him in German down the road because when else in my life is that ever likely to happen?

    The bell sound in "Black" was my 9.5" Zil-Bel. I finally found a use for that ridiculous thing.
    Did you muffle the Zil-Bel at all? When I had that bell, it sustained so long and loud that I couldn't use it to record.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE


  12. Experienced Noob

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Between Two Legs
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Did you muffle the Zil-Bel at all? When I had that bell, it sustained so long and loud that I couldn't use it to record.
    Yes, it rings out forever. I believe that I folded a napkin a couple of times & taped it to the bottom of the cymbal. It's been a while since we recorded that so the memory's hazy but I'm pretty sure that's how I dealt with it. I once joked that it'd be easy to make a 3 minute song 5 minutes by just ending it with a strike on the Zil Bel & keeping the recording going until it finally stops ringing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •