Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    What did it end up costing you?
    $500

2. Registered User

I'm not real super impressed with snare. I gigged it this last weekend. Though it sounded fine at the show it has a worn out Evans dry head on it that needed changed.

I have an Evans reverse dot 360 head here already so time to change heads to me means time to disassemble the snare and thoroughly clean it. I removed a bunch of dust, lint and saw dust leading me to believe it had never been cleaned.

The Allen screws on the inside also appeared to have never seen a tool.

Clean, clean, clean, scrub, scrub, scrub ... Reassemble and ..... The batter will not fit!

I don't mean " hey that's going to be snug" I mean " no way in the world that's going to ever go on!"

The Evans dry head ( the original worn out ) was even snug and I had to pop it in to the hoop.

I don't like this snare for the head limit alone. I don't live anywhere near a music store so experimenting with heads is not an option.

I will sell this over indulgent round technology and buy a Pearl Brass snare I've been lusting after.

3. Purple Crazed

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    I will sell this over indulgent round technology and buy a Pearl Brass snare I've been lusting after.
    I haven't been on the forum much lately and probably missed this info, so which Pearl brass snare are you lusting after?

Pearl Purple Craze Reference Series
    10x8 | 12x9 | 13x9 | 14x11 | 16x13 | 22x18
    Pearl 14x5 Wine Red Maple and Copper Free Floating Snares
    Pearl 10x6.2 Mangini Signature Snare
    Tama Octobans

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RG1820X View Post
    I haven't been on the forum much lately and probably missed this info, so which Pearl brass snare are you lusting after?
    Maybe a brass free floater 6.5 x 14

Or a aluminum Sensetone 6.5 x 14

5. Registered User

Trying to show the crud on this snare. I cleaned it all up and then had trouble replacing the head
    Attached Images Attached Images     

6. Registered User

I found this old Aquarian head laying around and I got it to fit. Problem was it was junk. It came on a used snare that I'd bought somewhere along the way.

So I took a straight blade utility blade and with nothing to lose started cutting the top ply off the Aquarian High Velocity two ply with a reverse dot and ended up with this!

It sounds pretty good. Wide open and a crisp ringing.

The edge came out really good by just laying the blade down flat on the edge of the head and lifting the top ply as I cut it. It laid back down on the edge of the head so tight like it came from the factory like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images