Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Get Down On It

Playing the Pro Beat configuration this weekend. Just added a stunning hammered Copperphonic to go with the CM snare. I should have my bases covered.

Oh, and I got this from DrumArt too

Ludwig Classic Maple in Sky Blue Pearl 24/10/12/13/14/16 & Hammered Copperphonic 6.5X14
    Sabian cymbal non-endorsed endorsee since 1982

2. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Blisco View Post
    Playing the Pro Beat configuration this weekend. Just added a stunning hammered Copperphonic to go with the CM snare. I should have my bases covered.

Oh, and I got this from DrumArt too

Do you have pics of the Copperphonic yet? I just got a Bronzephonic. I will eventually post pics, but I haven't set it up yet... I have another snare on the "bench" that I'm tinkering with.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Get Down On It

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Do you have pics of the Copperphonic yet? I just got a Bronzephonic. I will eventually post pics, but I haven't set it up yet... I have another snare on the "bench" that I'm tinkering with.
    Here's a couple quick snaps. Found this on Reverb. Nice seller. Nice deal. Had to pull the trigger.

Thanks for the "assist" on this too
    Ludwig Classic Maple in Sky Blue Pearl 24/10/12/13/14/16 & Hammered Copperphonic 6.5X14

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Wow.

5. old dog, new tricks

I've always loved those classic Ludwig lugs. How do you like the ATLAS mounts?
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

6. Get Down On It

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    I've always loved those classic Ludwig lugs. How do you like the ATLAS mounts?
    I love them. I would have them on any kit that they would fit.

I've tried virtually every mount on the market and these are hands down the best functioning and aesthetically pleasing I've ever used. Bit bulky for cases and bags but all my PR bags are oversized and RIMS ready. Drums just drop in without a struggle.

I was lucky that this kit was spec'd with Atlas for the 16's legs. So much smarter than three separate mounts on the shell. I ended up adding three Atlas to the 14 floor (it came with one to hang) and it works great too. I can play it on either side to suit my fancy.
    Last edited by Blisco; 01-22-2020 at 08:32 PM.

7. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Blisco View Post
    Here's a couple quick snaps. Found this on Reverb. Nice seller. Nice deal. Had to pull the trigger.

Thanks for the "assist" on this too
    That's a real pretty drum. My hammered bronzephonic is similar, but with different hardware options. I should have pics ready by next week.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

8. Drumoholic

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    Really nice kit! Congratulations! Have you tried the 13" floor to the left of your hihat? I really enjoy mine.
    You should be the spokesperson for 13" toms mounted left of the hihat hahaha
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Pearl - Soultone Cymbals - Evans - Vater

9. Get Down On It

I should point out that I did the gaff tape trick on the snare this week and played a sweet gig with it Saturday. It was glorious. As one of the main reasons for me to get a metal shelled snare (gaff on wood bearing edges is a big no-no) I was blown away how cool it sounds. Crisp and meaty at medium tunings and downright old school 70's AM radio at lower tuning, I look forward to continuing to use this snare and gaff hack for the remainder of the year.

As a bonus, I can ditch the heavily dampened snare head and go with a CS reverse or Emp/Amb and retain snappy rebound and nuance. On my CM snare, I had to settle on a Genera Dry and a DrumDot at medium high to get the sound and response I was after. Although that snare is now hooked-up, I can honestly say I prefer the Copperphonic with just gaff on the edge of the head. It's a very clean look, too.

I would probably do this to all my metal snares, if I had more than one

10. Masterworks / Sabian

Sweet kit.. Congratulations.

11. Registered User

WOW! Great kit and great photos!
    -Mike of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

"We don't stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing."

"When I was young I wanted to be a drummer when I grew up, then I realized that I could only be a drummer if I didn't."

12. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

Congrats on the luddies, bet they sound great too!