Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Get Down On It

Default Boyhood dream fulfilled: Classic Maple

When I was a lad at the turn of the 'decade of excess', my middle school had a gold sparkle Ludwig in the band room. I got to play it on numerous occasions for study hall to "jazz" band concerts. It always stuck with me. The look, the sound, it said: DRUMS.

Well, I was casually perusing kits (as I'm sure we all do) and happened across this beauty. Spec'd exactly how I would, how could I resist? The seller was asking a fair price and I could drive to get it. After 8 hours on the road, it's home and I'm in love. I was able to get my favored bass heads in a couple of days and used it Labor Day weekend for 3 gigs. All I can say it WOW! You know that thing where your memories, expectations and reality meet? I found the sound of Drums.

I got pics at our first gig at a northwoods bar outside last Saturday. Sunday was a double header (2 four hours gigs) so I didn't have time to snap pics. Either that or I was too giddy to think of it. All three were outdoors and the kit sounded sooo good in the open air.

14X24, 8X10, 9X12, 14X16 and a 10X13 that I've put Atlas mounts on and extra legs I had. I plan to use this tom as a left side or two-down at the end. I spent every night last week making small tweaks to ensure it fits on the riser but the basic set-up is the same as I've played the last six years with the Keystone. The bass drum was the clincher here. I've longed for a 24 since selling the Ayotte and this puppy thunders. Can't wait to play it tonight. Planning to take more pics too!

Ludwig Keystone in Pewter Glass 8X10, 9X12, 10X13,16X16, 18X22, 6.5X14 Classic Maple
    Sabian cymbal non-endorsed endorsee since 1982

2. Playing since 1976

Really nice kit! Congratulations! Have you tried the 13" floor to the left of your hihat? I really enjoy mine.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

3. Registered User

Awesome looking kit! My drum teacher back in the 70's had a beat up looking 4 pc Ludwig but I remember how great in sounded! Enjoy!

4. A Passion Play ...

Sweet score. Enjoy.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

5. Registered User

Congrats Blisco!
    It's a beautiful kit in a nice classic Ludwig finish.

6. Get Down On It

We played a fun venue last night. I brought the 13 along to use on the right. It won't fit on the left when using the riser. It was glorious. These drums just sing. The soundguy (who works for a huge band in our area) was duly impressed by the kit. That's usually a great compliment. Here's some shots to show off.

Shots with fans!

Ludwig Keystone in Pewter Glass 8X10, 9X12, 10X13,16X16, 18X22, 6.5X14 Classic Maple

7. Away From The World

Awesome sir congrats

Pearl Masters MCX Bronze Glass
    8x7 | 10x8 | 12x9 | 14x14 | 16x16 | 20x14G | 22x18

8. Registered User

Good looking Luddies, and set up. Looks fun to play.

9. Get Down On It

The seller had a 14X11 left over so I scooped it up for a song. Going to put the Atlas mounts in it and use it on the left now. The 13 is now naked and will be used with just a snare stand.

10. Rodgers and Jordy!!

2016 PDF FFL Regular Season Champion 11-1 Record

Awesome score Blisco! Looks fantastic!
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.

11. Thwunk

That is absolutely gorgeous! Nice score!!
    HHX hats, K crashes, K & Bosphorus rides
    Snares: Yamaha Bamboo Custom 5.5x14 / Ludwig Black Beauty 5x14, COB Supraphonic 6.5x14, Acrolite 5x14 / Pearl Mahogany Classic Limited Edition / Sonor D505
    Pearl Reference Pure (matte walnut) / Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute (plum lacquer)

12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Looks like a great kit.