Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Walberg & Auge black brass snare 8x14

Hey All,

I'm looking at a used one of these online. It's $300. I can't find any sound files of it. Does anyone have experience with this maker? With this particular snare?

Pic of new one.

I see that I could get a Ludwig 8x14" Black Magic Brass Snare Drum new for the same $$$.

TIA

-Brian

2. a.k.a. YtseJam

This looks to me like a typical Worldmax shell, which afaik is the same as the one used in the Black Magic. So it will probably sound just the same.

3. th droids yerlookn4

yeah , this is most likely a world max shell , one of the guys who makes these is , rob kampa, is like president, or owner , of world max percussion (not sure ) but rob , an excellent drum maker ...rob used to be the man behind magstar drums

yeah ,it will sound just lke a ludwig black magic snare ,as an owner of a black magic snare , i can say thats a good thing also own a magstar snare.
    in the future i should look into a walberg and aug as well
    Last edited by 2 basses4life; 09-05-2019 at 11:46 PM.

4. Registered User

Thank you both - very helpful. Hey 2 basses, I’m in Massachusetts as well. I guess W&A is a local outfit with a lot of history.

5. Registered User

So wasn’t expecting this but I’m buying a used 7x13 black magic with diecast hoops for decent price on Monday.

I’ll keep the 8x14 maple I currently use, but just going see if 13 is enough as main snare for rock/prog stuff.

Probably dig the extra leg room. We’ll see.

6. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by Track12 View Post
    Thank you both - very helpful. Hey 2 basses, I’m in Massachusetts as well. I guess W&A is a local outfit with a lot of history.
    actually im not sure about walberg and aug
    but , rob kampa has some great history,
    when he was magstar drums , rob used to listen to my ravings over the phone ...lol and he was totally patient with this dumb kid trying by a custom kit , in pantera sizes ( so glad i never pulled the trigger on that .lol) rob was patient and hella knowledgeable. i was ready to make a purchase , and the same old story with me , my job falls through, along with my money and plans .....when i got back on my feet , i lost track of magstar drums and rob ..
    i was pleased to find out rob was still active in the drumming world . for all that time he was on the drum maker .com roster then i heard about him taking over world maxx percussion. and then his work with walberg and auge.
    i dont really know alot about walberg and auge , but if robs involved, i'm already on board ...i just dont wanna contact the guy, until i can at least afford a snare

7. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by Track12 View Post
    So wasn’t expecting this but I’m buying a used 7x13 black magic with diecast hoops for decent price on Monday.

I’ll keep the 8x14 maple I currently use, but just going see if 13 is enough as main snare for rock/prog stuff.

Probably dig the extra leg room. We’ll see.
    i have the triple flanged version ...its a nice snare

8. Registered User

Thanks man. Looking forward to putting it in the mix. Btw, on Facebook marketplace in Boston, there is a guy selling used that same W&A 8x14 brass snare for $300.