Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What will be the most common internet comment related to their new album?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • It took that long for this?

7 50.00%
  • These guys are way past their prime

1 7.14%
  • They lost their touch

1 7.14%
  • Other: please post

5 35.71%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Default Inevitable Internet Vomit about new Tool Album

What will be the most common internet vomit related to the new Tool album releasing tomorrow?
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

2. Comrade Tim

I voted other.....I haven't even listened to the new song.....my guess is more of same, with a heavy dose of fan condescension from their lead vocalist....there's better music out there.... ;-)

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

3. life start at 125bpm

listening some cuts,can certainly say they haven't lost their unique tribaliish sound. taking 13 years to give birth to it (the new songs) ? i won't swallow it's because it's the time it took for the inspiration to kick in LOL.

honestly,it,s good. they haven't reinvented the tool's wheel,but it is in no way bad.it just sounds pretty much the same than 10K days,but arranged differently, tool certainly extracted all the money possible from their previous album,then they decided it was time for fresh intakes ; they ,long time ago,decided they were to extract all the juice from every and each album to the last drop....understandably.

such band with such unique sound concept can't reinvent itself every 3-4 years.impossible. the audience is so demanding these days,they would like to hear ''''a new magic ''''' at every album,and they imperatively asks this every 4 years.again,for a band like tool,impossible.they write inside a very narrow sound concept,so writing new stuff may be complex because it,s easy to stir the old stuff and sound pertty much the same,which is practically what is happening with the new album. but since 13 years has past,it'll be seen as acceptable from their fan base.
    Last edited by rollracer; 08-29-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

4. Drumming Since 1943

Other:

I LOVE this band, but I just can’t take the soundscapes and interludes. I know that the hardcore Tool fan would argue that I don't “Get it”, which many in fact be true. But I’d prefer 40 minutes of bone-crushing Tool songs than 80 minutes of that and “sonic interludes”.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by rollracer View Post
    can certainly say they haven't lost their unique tribaliish sound.
    This is my problem with Tool. They developed much from Undertow to Ænima to Lateralus, and then just sort of... stopped.

I personally thought 10,000 Days sounded a lot like Lateralus B-sides. I can't say Fear Inoculum isn't giving me the same vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I’d prefer 40 minutes of bone-crushing Tool songs than 80 minutes of that and “sonic interludes”.
    Also this.
    Last edited by Feenix; 08-29-2019 at 01:45 PM.

6. Registered User

A hate on T0Ol thread?

I'll pass.

Oh - I voted "other"

7. a.k.a. YtseJam

I really don’t understand all the hate pouring about this album. I simply do not care how much time it took them to make it and how much time “the fans waited”. It is a new Tool album and when I listen to it, I get immersed in that specific atmosphere and get out of the everyday life for 80 minutes, so I guess it serves its purpose.

People tend to think a bit too much of themselves, giving unwanted opinions left and right. If you claim that Tool sucks, go make better music and show it to the world. If not, just shut the [email protected]*k up and let others who do appreciate Tool’s effort enjoy it.

8. Rogue Ex-Mod

Wow... some pretty sensitive Tool fans apparently. The internet is probably not the best place for those with such thin skin.

I agree with Feenix. Tool was once a great and innovative band... like 20 years ago. I used to put the Opiate album on and set the CD Player to repeat and just listen to it over and over. The first 3 albums showed a very clear progression and evolution. I have great respect for Tool, but they are not the be all end all of music. Bands like The Beatles put out far more good music in a couple years than Tool has in their entire career. I'm sure this new album will be fine, nothing to lose your mind over either way.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

9. Comrade Tim

Never been a huge Tool fan really, one or two songs off each album maybe hit some mild resonance but on the whole, just couldn't see the pull. I've seen them twice (same tour 14 monthns apart, same set, and MJK's disdainful schtick towards his fans is disgusting imo) and unless someone gives me tickets I'll add them to my "been there done that" list.

I don't "hate" them, just don't see the appeal that garners rabid adoration that their hardcore fans have.

I've seen DC in Volto three times back when John and Kirk were still actively playing in the group and that was something to see and a much more palatable show for me than Tool. Sitting 8' away from DC while he's playing is amazing to watch.

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

10. Registered User

Attached Images Attached Images  

11. th droids yerlookn4

ehh... i am Not waiting in anticipation..

ive heard a few tracks and ...yeah , not my bag .
    unlike hipodilski , i can TOTALLY see where all the hate is coming from .. first of all the fan waited 14 years, i believe , for this.

and if a fan waits this long , i can see where there expectations start to take on mythic proportions . and after there wait and there patient and allegiance to this band ... instead, of the 2 0r 3 album opus , with mind melting musician ship and wait -worthy significance ...they're treated to ...ehh. .....this .
    (insert wah, wah wuuuh horn music from cartoons )... yeah, it aint the freakin epic everyone was expecting , there music to seemed deep but , out of touch ..
    i dunno , ive moved well past the tool era of my life ..i havent listened to tool in more than ten years , im over it, the long instrumental s the hippy jargon, the California meta physical mumbo jumbo, and the creepy videos . its all old hat , and this record not only feels like it , many think its a cop out for the ridiculous amount of time the average fan had to wait , so yeah totally see where all the anger comes from ...and no i will NOT stfu about my opinions on a subject , if YOU dont like people giving there opinions when asked , then YOU go and appreciate the bands' efforts all you want some where else .

12. Drumming Since 1943

I got it yesterday and listened to it on my motorcycles’ system while on my way to dinner with my wife. We're both fans. But ******* if the first three songs aren't ponderous to the point of sonambulance. I LOVE Danny Carey but the tribal tom work is so overdone, it's almost comical. There's no real sense of melody or movement.

I'm definitely going to let it sink in and we ARE going to see them in Newark in November but... yeah.
    Way Too Much Crap