Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Default Most Underrated Drum Company?

I would have to say Ludwig- they've been a standard in drums since way back in the day, and still today the Classic Maple line is one of the best sounding maple drums out there.

2. SUPERJERK

I agree with you man. Everyone talks trash about them now because they make "Bonham" kits. But PEOPLE BUY THEM!!! They have ALWAYS made quality drums and continue to do so.
    Remo MasterTouchArctic White
    22x16, 10x9, 12x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5 Pearl Sensitone Aluminum
    Paiste 2oo2 18", 20" Crash, 21" Big Beat, 15" Giant Beat Hi Hats

SUPERJERK: BandCamp Facebook

3. i,robot

Premier.Gen-X kit sounds waaay better than the Reference.

4. Registered User

Pearl. You guys don't see it because this is a Pearl forum, but Pearls are probably the most trash-talked, ignored brand among "drum afficianado's". They are one of the most popular brands in the world, but people "in the know" seem to think there's something wrong with them. I was in the same boat until I played a BRX. That kit changed my mind forever. If it wasent for my affinity for the Sonor company I'd go for Pearl in a second.

5. Registered User

Dynamic percussion for me. I heard one of their kits the other day, and I was blown away. The birch sound of close to a brx, for the price of a sessions.

6. I <3 Ludwigs.

I think it depends where you are. Over here in the US it's probably Sonor or Premier. Ludwig doesn't get the attention they used to, but they had some REALLY bad years in the late 70s and into the 80s. Some awful, awful stuff when they were bought out.

7. i,robot

[QUOTE=Bierce85] ....until I played a BRX. That kit changed my mind forever. /QUOTE]

i thought that.then i played a Tama Performer.then i realised that Pearl was over-rated 00**

8. SUPERJERK

Quote Originally Posted by Bierce85
    Pearl. You guys don't see it because this is a Pearl forum, but Pearls are probably the most trash-talked, ignored brand among "drum afficianado's". They are one of the most popular brands in the world, but people "in the know" seem to think there's something wrong with them. I was in the same boat until I played a BRX. That kit changed my mind forever. If it wasent for my affinity for the Sonor company I'd go for Pearl in a second.
    Same here man, I talked my fair share of crap until I played a beauitful BRX, it sounded like it was already EQ'ed, it was amazing.
    Remo MasterTouchArctic White
    22x16, 10x9, 12x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5 Pearl Sensitone Aluminum
    Paiste 2oo2 18", 20" Crash, 21" Big Beat, 15" Giant Beat Hi Hats

SUPERJERK: BandCamp Facebook

9. Registered User

[QUOTE=bumhead]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bierce85
    ....until I played a BRX. That kit changed my mind forever. /QUOTE]

i thought that.then i played a Tama Performer.then i realised that Pearl was over-rated 00**
    Yeah, I've owned both kits and the BRX completely blew the performer out of the water. The clarity is absolutely amazing, and they sing. Everyone that I let play them commented on how they were so fun to play, and multiple people actually said they "played themselves".

As for Performers, I actually prefer them to SC maples having owned both, but still neither compares to BRX's IMO. The performers have a nice tone, and a nice punchy kick, but they can't match the clarity of the BRX's.

10. Registered User

I dunno...I never really thought much of Yamaha, and in all actuallity forget about them from time to time...but I have heard some phenomenal sounding Yamaha drums.

11. Know Your Enemy

epiarch
    My Orion (pics pg. 6 - 7 onwards.)

Danny.C Jon.T And Brann.D , Ya Heard Me

XBOX 360 Gamertag: jtocdp

12. Registered User

Sonor.
    Quote Originally Posted by carl62
    When you get the first 40 down, then you can try rudiments like the parabuzzle, the choo-choo, shockadiddle, cheese chain, diddle fla-fla, cheese-cha, and the chut-cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixis
    Those wouldn't be sexual position's would they?