Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default What colors do i have here??? Pearl mcx masters custom

I recently purchased this kit used online and when it arrived-I immediately noticed the kick drum was not the same finish as the other drums. Can anyone help me figure out what I have here? I believe the toms to be (#406) Bronze Glass and the kick drum to be Pewter Glass (#408) can anyone help confirm this?

thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by dmacbro View Post
    I recently purchased this kit used online and when it arrived-I immediately noticed the kick drum was not the same finish as the other drums. Can anyone help me figure out what I have here? I believe the toms to be (#406) Bronze Glass and the kick drum to be Pewter Glass (#408) can anyone help confirm this
    thanks!
    I believe you are correct.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

3. The Hardware Guy

I think Al had both of those didn't he?

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

4. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I think Al had both of those didn't he?
    correct

BD is color #408 Pewter Glass
    Toms are color #406 Bronze Glass

KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!

5. Drumming Since 1943

Whoopsie.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Registered User

Hey guys, i have also a About Colours!

My set was ordered 1999 from Udo Masshoff (he was pearl endorser at this time) in red sparkle as a custom set…

I called him to get more information About my set, and he told me that pearl had 2 different red sparkle finishes at this time...

Now i have an offer for used MMX drums in red sparkle, but how shoud i get the information that the offered drums are in exatly the same red sparkle like my drums?

I called pearl europe if the can get the info out of the serialnumber...they say that that is not possible, i can send them Pictures from the drums and they will see if they are in the same Colour or not...(Maybe they have better eyes than me? )

In my opinion this is no 100% safe way to be shure it is the same colour...is there now way to get an safe information by pearl?

regards martin

7. Pearl Corporation USA

Quote Originally Posted by MMXdrummer View Post
    Hey guys, i have also a About Colours!

My set was ordered 1999 from Udo Masshoff (he was pearl endorser at this time) in red sparkle as a custom set…

I called him to get more information About my set, and he told me that pearl had 2 different red sparkle finishes at this time...

Now i have an offer for used MMX drums in red sparkle, but how shoud i get the information that the offered drums are in exatly the same red sparkle like my drums?

I called pearl europe if the can get the info out of the serialnumber...they say that that is not possible, i can send them Pictures from the drums and they will see if they are in the same Colour or not...(Maybe they have better eyes than me? )

In my opinion this is no 100% safe way to be shure it is the same colour...is there now way to get an safe information by pearl?

regards martin

there very well could have been 2 different shades of color 163 red sparkle lacquer. The only way to get a true matching (or as close as possible) match would be to take one of your drums and provide it to your authorized dealer to color match for an add-on component.

KISS uses Gibson guitars and PEARL drums because they want the Best!