Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Tama Paraclamp Issues

Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble using the para clamp on the Speed Cobras? I love the pedals, but holy hell I can't get the clamp to work consistently. Is there a trick to it that I'm missing? I've had to switch to using my other pedals when playing live because I can't be confident the Speed Cobras won't start sliding all over the place and I'll have to stop between every few songs to adjust it. Very annoying because I love the feel of the pedals and I feel like a more simple design would have worked better.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thandabolt View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble using the para clamp on the Speed Cobras? I love the pedals, but holy hell I can't get the clamp to work consistently. Is there a trick to it that I'm missing? I've had to switch to using my other pedals when playing live because I can't be confident the Speed Cobras won't start sliding all over the place and I'll have to stop between every few songs to adjust it. Very annoying because I love the feel of the pedals and I feel like a more simple design would have worked better.
    I am glad you ask this because I too have been struggling with the clamp that attached to the bass drum. It seems as no matter what i do, I end up reaching the maximum torque and the pedal is still not quite attached to the bass drum>
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
    Buddy Rich

3. Drumming Since 1943

Sounds like a great design.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Registered User

Isn't there a second adjustment on the clamp to raise and lower the pivot point to fit thinner and thicker hoops? Hold on let me check my Iron Cobras.

5. Registered User

Yeah, you need to adjust the spinning top thing on the clamp before you tighten the wing nut/screw. You really don't need to tighten the wing nut very much when you have the clamp height adjusted correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
    Yeah, you need to adjust the spinning top thing on the clamp before you tighten the wing nut/screw. You really don't need to tighten the wing nut very much when you have the clamp height adjusted correctly.
    I never had trouble with this. Those clamps function just fine. Tama bass drum hoops are pretty thick, so maybe they set that clamp to accommodate thicker hoops as a beginning point?
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE