Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default would you go for this trade???

Ive got a Gretsch 7 piece Catalina Maple shell kit 8x8, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x14, 22x18, 14x5.5 (diameter x Depth)

Name:  20190503_080639(1).jpg
Views: 135
Size:  93.6 KB

Name:  20190503_080626(1).jpg
Views: 135
Size:  95.2 KB

Ive been offered this ddrum diatribe birch kit.. 13in tom, 24in bass, I assume it's 20in deep... 16x16 floor tom and an 18x16 maybe? I'm not sure how long they could make a tunable floor tom. I assume 18in in diameter and 16in in depth.. Ive owned basswood, maple, but never had a birch kit and I've heard nothing but good things about them.
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-07-14-08-33-06.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  27.7 KB

Anyone have any recommendations? Or suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by OfXaos View Post
    Ive got a Gretsch 7 piece Catalina Maple shell kit 8x8, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x14, 22x18, 14x5.5 (diameter x Depth)

Ive been offered this ddrum diatribe birch kit.. 13in tom, 24in bass, I assume it's 20in deep... 16x16 floor tom and an 18x16 maybe? I'm not sure how long they could make a tunable floor tom. I assume 18in in diameter and 16in in depth.. Ive owned basswood, maple, but never had a birch kit and I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Anyone have any recommendations? Or suggestions?
    I wouldn’t make the trade. I’m not a d ddrum expert, but the diatribes seem like an entry level kit. 8 lugs on a 24” bass screams of low end. Also, I believe the bass is 18” deep. I quickly scanned the web and the diatribes seem to be selling for about $400.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

3. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    I wouldn’t make the trade. I’m not a d ddrum expert, but the diatribes seem like an entry level kit. 8 lugs on a 24” bass screams of low end. Also, I believe the bass is 18” deep. I quickly scanned the web and the diatribes seem to be selling for about $400.
    I agree... keep the Gretsch. The DDrum Diatribes are not even listed on their website anymore. My quick scan of the web shows that at least some of the diatribe drums are actually birch/basswood shells. Not necessarily bad, but not 100% birch shells.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. th droids yerlookn4

tho iam not really in love with that d drum kit is a no go.. dont get me wrong ddrum makes some nice things ...sometimes, but this is not that time though the gretches might be a lower line , they are a much better quality drum kit, i would suggest however ,purchasing a less wonky , mounting system i was messing with one of them in a store , and really did not like like them

5. A Passion Play ...

Absolutely not.
    Eric G : Pearl,pAiSTe,Remo,Vic Firth,SKB,Roc n Soc,Roland V-Drums. Masters MCX Chestnut fade.
    22"x18",10"x8",12"x9",16"x16". Ian Paice Snare. Why not ...

6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Absolutely not.
    x2
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
    Buddy Rich

7. Registered User

Quicksticks thanks for that bro... This guy is acting like his kit is worth so much more and that I should be thankful he would even consider the trade.. I searched but mainly found very different looking diatribe kits and most werent for sale but the ones I did see were in that same range

Drumming-4--life I should of done that... Thank you. I swear I try giving you guys more rep but it appears I gotta spread it around more lol

2bassses4life while the Gretsch mounting system may seem difficult its really not.. Its just a low tom mounting system and most set the toms without much angle. But the 7-piece Catalina set isnt an entry level drum.

Eric and Ocdrums thank you for your input. I was going to sell this kit but the more I look at it I may just keep it for the sake of having a nice maple round badge Gretsch set.
    Last edited by OfXaos; 07-14-2019 at 07:15 PM.

8. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by OfXaos View Post
    Drumming-4--life I should of done that... Thank you. I swear I try giving you guys more rep but it appears I gotta spread it around more lol
    Your rep doesn't "count" until you reach 250 posts... last time I recall... no biggie, thank you regardless.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE