Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Snakes&Arrows View Post
    To me this part makes no sense. I realize this isn't the way it is, but as I see it, if you are an opening act, you should be able to meet the headliners. Not faulting you with all of the set up/tear down issues, but someone needs to make an effort to reach out to the supporting acts ffs. Really.
    You’re assuming that the headline act will even make themselves available.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. The Hardware Guy

Some do - some bands commit to making sure all bands on the bill are treated equally, and will be sure to have dinner with the support bands and crew every night. Lynyrd Skynyrd appears to be one of those bands - I'm a big fan of the uk tour openers, Massive Wagons (yes, that's the real name!) and reading their tour blog about it they said how nice it was having such an established and "lofty status" band treat them so well, have them and the other support (Status Quo, also legends in their own right) have a communal dinner with them in catering each night, etc.

Some bands won't, and almost ignore you exist. Swings and roundabouts...

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

3. a.k.a. YtseJam

DT arrived shortly before the show and left immediately after curfew, no social interactions whatsoever. The local promoter interacted with their tour manager only. Also they refused any interviews, as far as I know.

I’d hate to admit it, but this is common behaviour for most bands here - they can’t be arsed to make any effort for backasswards b-market cities and counties like mine. They just do what they have to do, get the money and run.

4. Rodgers and Jordy!!

2016 PDF FFL Regular Season Champion 11-1 Record

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    You’re assuming that the headline act will even make themselves available.
    Yes I am assuming that - Does it make more sense to think the opposite? Having bands open up for you and *not* make yourself available to meet them? I would think it is common courtesy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Snakes&Arrows View Post
    Yes I am assuming that - Does it make more sense to think the opposite? Having bands open up for you and *not* make yourself available to meet them? I would think it is common courtesy.
    Pump the brakes buddy. Not accusing you of anything nefarious. I’m only saying that most bands, being made of people, will probably disappoint you on that front. When it comes to humans, i always assume the worst- I’m almost never disappointed. It’s a nice surprise when they actually do something cool. Kind of a win/win.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Rodgers and Jordy!!

2016 PDF FFL Regular Season Champion 11-1 Record

Yeah - if that's the situation where more often than not main acts don't make themselves available to meet their opening acts, then that's pretty sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.

7. The Dark Sentencer

Lovin these tunes! The time signatures are bananas!
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    DT arrived shortly before the show and left immediately after curfew, no social interactions whatsoever. The local promoter interacted with their tour manager only. Also they refused any interviews, as far as I know.

I’d hate to admit it, but this is common behaviour for most bands here - they can’t be arsed to make any effort for backasswards b-market cities and counties like mine. They just do what they have to do, get the money and run.
    Believe it or not, this is how large bands treat bands that are even on tour with them. My friends opened for U2 for 17 dates and the only one who met the band was Gavin Rosendale, who was the singer of my friend’s band Institute.