Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. a.k.a. YtseJam

Thanks!

Official video (sans the first tune):

2. Registered User

MA dude!!

I too use to be a big DT fan but I kind of checked out after their self titled release. Don't even get me started on The Asstonishing (yes I did!). I am trying my luck on Distance Over Time still......But anyway, I don't this thread to turn into an other DT debate lol

INCREDIBLE WORK ON THIS PERFORMANCE MAN! I love it. I m a fan bro. I think you guys had a great presence with amazing execution. It ticks all the boxes for me in a similar way that Haken's first two album does.
    You all should be absolutely proud of this man. Thank you for that.

And to think that you were not going to share this after all the trouble you all have been through (20mins set, late arrival, no one in the room, setting up, packing, potential cancel) THAT WOULD BE MADNESS!!!

Massive respect to you all

PS: Love your Hi hat work
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way"
    Buddy Rich

3. life start at 125bpm

lovelovelove your music style. exactly my cup of tea.
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

4. a.k.a. YtseJam

You are all too kind. Thanks!

5. a.k.a. YtseJam

Finally managed to go through my photos of the show. I'm not happy with the result, as I was tired and drained and basically sat down on the ground and shot photos without thinking too much, and my camera is still on its last legs, but at least there's some material.

More here.

6. Drumming Since 1943

Does Labrie still sound like a cat being strangled?
    Way Too Much Crap

7. a.k.a. YtseJam

He was very low in the mix (lol) but from what I heard, he was actually having a good night and hit all his high notes, even on the older stuff (they played Lie and Peruvian Skies). He was also very animated on stage, much more than usual.

8. Drumming Since 1943

That's good to hear because his voice has been BRUTAL for the last few years.
    Way Too Much Crap

9. The Hardware Guy

LaBrie went through a really bad patch at one point, not being able to hit anything. He came out of it though and from what I've seen has been much better. But for a while he sounded awful, both in how it sounded and not being able to reach notes/sing in tune.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

10. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    LaBrie went through a really bad patch at one point, not being able to hit anything. He came out of it though and from what I've seen has been much better. But for a while he sounded awful, both in how it sounded and not being able to reach notes/sing in tune.
    Wonder what the deal was.
    Way Too Much Crap

11. life start at 125bpm

nice pictures.

so mangini skyhigh cymb set up did not helped labrie at singing only decently ? shocking lol....portnoy was right.

wow. petrucci is growing a forest, rudess looks like he's plugging its beard on the 220 ,and mangini seems to get fatter and fatter . only myung looks like myung.

not sure those guys are aging well.......
    RUSH FOREVER RUSH
    tama SC B/B anthique sunburst 14-10-8-10-12--16-22 - reference snare 14x5-pearl ultracast 14X5- pearl FF brass 14X5-tama hardware/pedals
    sabian HHX's/AAX's

WTB:AAX -HHX-SR2's large crashes

12. Rodgers and Jordy!!

2016 PDF FFL Regular Season Champion 11-1 Record

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    And no, I didn't meet them, but I didn't attempt to, as there was not enough time - we were far too busy packing stuff, loading our **** into our cars, taking care of merch, the soundboard recording, etc.
    To me this part makes no sense. I realize this isn't the way it is, but as I see it, if you are an opening act, you should be able to meet the headliners. Not faulting you with all of the set up/tear down issues, but someone needs to make an effort to reach out to the supporting acts ffs. Really.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.