Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default What is value now for this Pearl snare?

Long time no post, I found this snare amongst a bevy of drums I purchased. Pretty much NOS, except for top head was replaced. Looking for current value to sell now. Was told that hardware is 24k gold plated? Also have the bag it came in and original box, was told a COA came with it? Any info is helpful.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Registered User

Those have been in the $500-$600 range lately. Really cool drum.

3. The Hardware Guy

Do you still have the original head? It was a fiberskyn style head with the 50th anniversary logo printed on it. Would certainly add to it's value for a collector.

Lovely drums those - I remember we had one at the shop I worked at in London. I always wanted it but I couldn't pay that for an ornamental snare/display piece.

PEARL CZX "CUSTOM Z" ALL MAPLE
    22", 22", 8", 10", 12", 13", 14", 16", 18"
    PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
    Click Here To Help My Next Epic Search Quest

4. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    I always wanted it but I couldn't pay that for an ornamental snare/display piece.
    You mean to say it wasn't built for life on the road?

5. The Hardware Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    You mean to say it wasn't built for life on the road?
    I'm sure it would survive life on the road, as any other working musical instrument. But I know I'd never have gigged it, nor likely played it at all had I bought it. All academic really, I was 16 at the time and I couldn't even afford the trade price on it, let alone what retail would be.

PICSPICS 2
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”

6. The Hardware Guy

For the OP, here's the 1996 snare drums catalogue which features the drum. The only thing I can't remember was the shell thickness. I know it's single-piece maple shell with two solid rings (glued in) but I can't remember the thickness. I suspect the shell is 7.5mm, like the Custom Classic, with solid 5mm rings glued in. It could be a 5mm shell (with 5mm rings, like the MMX spec) but I don't remember Pearl making a 5mm solid shell.

http://catweb.tgtel.com/1996%20Pearl...%20spreads.pdf

PICSPICS 2

7. Registered User

Thank you for all the info, unfortunately I don’t have the original top head right now. I’m selling this beautiful drum and was looking for some input from those with more knowledge than myself.