Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default from oldest to newest...

Picked this Mapex V Series up off Craigslist. Ended up finding 2 more toms to make it 4 rack toms, 1x floor tom, snare and bass. I re-wrapped the entire kit from this blue/green to black wood grain. Then wrapped the snare if black faux leather

Name:  20190510_113808(1).jpg
Views: 142
Size:  96.6 KB

Let me know if youd like a closer view of the faux leather wrapped snare.

Then I got this Gretsch kit, guy owed me about 427$ and offered a 3 or 4 piece Catalina kit. I got the 2 boxes home and it was a 7 piece Catalina Maple kit. Needless to say he wanted it back and said he would pay me next month. I advised this is what I was given for my weeks worth of work that took 4 weeks to get paid on..

Name:  20190503_080630(1).jpg
Views: 143
Size:  87.1 KB

It came with 3 rack toms 8in, 10in, and a 12in, then 2x floor toms 14in and a 16in. 22x18 bass and a 14x5.5 snare that all sounds amazing. Then another blessing was bestowed upon me... My DW Design Series kit.. Plus a DW9000 double bass.

Name:  20190620_111012(1).jpg
Views: 142
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  20190620_111613(1).jpg
Views: 143
Size:  66.8 KB

I just purchased some black chrome heads for the dw kit. Unfortunately this "limited edition" color doesn't allow for any add-ons like the other colors for the design series does.. Id like a 14in tom since I plan on getting the 20in gong drum from dw. However I did acquire a DW Performance steel 14x8 snare with a 42 snare strand. Its beauitful and sounds amazing.

Now I'm just waiting for my 8 pack of Meinl Dark Classsic Customs. The greatest thing about this kit is it starts off like this...

16in hi-hat
    18in crash
    20in crash
    22in ride (which I thought was kinda small coming out the gate with 16in hi-hats lol)
    18in China
    A 16in trash stack.. Some other trash and a splash cymbal. I think its a 12in trash crash

Either way it will be epic and once all my drum heads are on and its tuned I'll be a happy kid.

2. The Dark Sentencer

How does someone accidentally ship an additional 4 drums without noticing?

"Oops I accidentally sent you three extra toms and a snare"
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"