Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1. Registered User

Default Pearl hardware series

Hey all got a few questions about some pearl hardware I'm finding hard to track down.

Been after a few CH2000s boom arm & BC 1030 boom stands with the knurled boom arm for a while but can find them anywhere at all ??
    Have these specific stands been discontinued or re-designed ?

Name:  CH 2000S.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  13.4 KB

Name:  BC 1030.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  20.9 KB

2. J-Con

Quote Originally Posted by 16bitGhost View Post
    Hey all got a few questions about some pearl hardware I'm finding hard to track down. Been after a few CH2000s boom arm & BC 1030 boom stands with the knurled boom arm for a while but can find them anywhere at all ?? Have these specific stands been discontinued or re-designed?
    They've been redesigned. The B 1000 became the BC 1030's in 2012ish for two or three years and then changed to the B 1030.

The BC 1030's had the knurled, hide-away arm and the B 1030 went back to the same pipe boom arm offered on the B 1000's.

The B 1000 was a great stand but you had to angle the boom in line with the uni-lock tilter. With the 1030's you could set the boom angle and then move the gyro-lock tilter any way you wanted. I was super stoked to see the gyro-lock offered on a regular stand so I bought five of them when they first came out.

B-1000 = 2004 to 2012
    BC-1030 = 2013 to 2015
    B-1030 = 2016 to present
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Tasty808; 06-20-2019 at 03:16 AM.

3. J-Con

It took my photos out of order. The middle pic should be first.

4. Unban nik12

I have the B2000 knurled boom and the B1000 tube boom and they have given me issues just like my previous 900 and 2000 series hardware has. The hex bolt on the upper pipe on the 2000 stripped and now I basically can't use it as a boom because the top part of the boom has nothing to keep it in place. I really like the B1000 pipe boom but I always had trouble with it slipping when I used it for my ride and even then you have to crank the **** out of the wingnuts on the boom section and the tilter for them to stay in place. My old 900 stands had issues with the inner pipe sleeves breaking and I had a BC2000 double boom that worked fine but I also didn't have it for more than 6 months before I sold it because it was entirely too big and honestly ugly. I had 2 900 booms, 1 900 snare stand, 2 900 hihat stands, the 2000 boom and the B1000 fail on me at some point, which is why I've switched over to DW hardware.

I still have a very soft spot for Pearl's drums but the hardware has always given me issues over time, but while everything was functioning, it was solid stuff. Just too much of a liability to have something break on me while I was on tour or playing a show.

5. J-Con

Yeah, I frequently have issues with the WingLocs. It's like the little piece on the inside breaks and then it just spins freely. I can't imagine anyone mounting their cymbals upside down, 80's style, trusting the WingLocs.