Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

• Home
  1. Registered User

Default P3002D Eliminator Demon Drive Double Bass Drum Pedal

Does anyone have experince with this pedal? I currently have a P932 but feel limited by the single chain due to my swivel technique. It's just an unfortunate habbit that I got into while playing. Plus it feels comfortable and I'm able to keep a steady rhythm going. But now the double bass parts are getting fast, techniqual, and precise. I need a solid durable pedal that wont shake left to right when I'm doing my foot work but still has power and great response. I've read nothing but great things about this baby and I got a great deal (little over $100 off) and just wanted feed back

2. Not Your Everyday Drummer

Quote Originally Posted by OfXaos View Post
    Does anyone have experince with this pedal? I currently have a P932 but feel limited by the single chain due to my swivel technique. It's just an unfortunate habbit that I got into while playing. Plus it feels comfortable and I'm able to keep a steady rhythm going. But now the double bass parts are getting fast, techniqual, and precise. I need a solid durable pedal that wont shake left to right when I'm doing my foot work but still has power and great response. I've read nothing but great things about this baby and I got a great deal (little over $100 off) and just wanted feed back
    Hello OfXaos,
    I transitioned from an Eliminator double pedal to a Demon Drive double pedal (P3002D) back when the Demon Drives first came out. There was definitely a bit of a learning curve as far as getting used to the feel of the Demon Drive. However, you will get used to it over time, and will definitely see the benefits in upgrading.

For me, the main issue to overcome was how the response of the pedal was affected by the beater weight. I was used to the weight of the Quad beaters and the response from the double chain on the Eliminators with said beaters. Switching to the Demon Drive, I found that both the stock felt beaters and the quad beaters felt too light on the Demon Drive. Not bad, just too light. It took a bit of trial and error with different beaters and setups for the pedal before I got it just right.

The P3002 is a sweet pedal, especially if your playing is going further into "fast, technical, and precise" territory. Just be mindful to take the time and learn your pedal, as you would any other. I recommend Vic Firth VicKick beaters (wood or felt) to get the best response, weight and power -- no matter what way you setup your pedal.

Hope this helps!

3. Registered User

Sorry for not responding sooner but thank you for that... I was actually given a DW9000 double bass pedal which I find certainly helps me doing heel toe due to the long board. Its not DW9000FX its just the regular dw9000 but my buddy had no use for it aince he got a direct drive. I have a single direct drive pedal and the P932 single chain double bass. But this DW9000 has this turbo cam on it.. He gave me another came saying its for acceleration. I wanted to slap him and say "damn it Scotty I'm a drummer not an engineer" but that would of been rude since he gave me a practically new double bass. Plus he probably wanted to show me up "money man" but heck... I'm broke so if you wanna be nice lol....

Name:  20190620_111012(1).jpg
Views: 63
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  20190515_115632(1).jpg
Views: 64
Size:  78.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2019-05-07-16-06-43(1).jpg
Views: 62
Size:  71.5 KB

That last pic was the only one I currently have of the P932. I'm keeping the dw for sure but I think I might need to start selling some stuff lol.

Edit: ive got a DW kit and will have 8 Meinl Dark Classic Customs covering the kit. I'll update pictures once the cymbals arrive. Then I'm selling all I dont need and going to DA... Drummers Anonymous. Gotta just sell the cymbals sitting in the corner I'll never use... The extra drum kit... Y'all all have it. That extra snare stand. Heck even at 20 a piece for my older cymbal stands I'd make at least 200 and they arent terrible. Just now I use heavier cymbals.
    Last edited by OfXaos; 06-21-2019 at 08:52 AM.

4. Registered User

Have the updated versions of the 9002's & to me, they are the best pedals by a mile. Take lots of time setting them up & make sure they are in tune with each other swing wise.
    Yamaha Recording Custom 10,12,13,16,22 in Cherry Red
    Pearl Masters Premium Maple "Redline" in 12, 16, 22. Black on Black.
    Endorser for Scymtek Cymbals & The London Drumstick Company.

5. Not Your Everyday Drummer

Hey!
    Glad I could help. If the DW’s are working for you, and they help you execute some techniques, then they’re the right pedal for you. (Especially considering the cost!) In that regards, kudos and enjoy them!

One thing to clarify...you mentioned that you’re having an easier time with your heel/toe with the Dw’s because of their longboard. Do you mean that the foot-board itself is longer? I ask because the setup of the Dw is not in a “longboard” setup, even if the foot-board itself is longer than your previous pedals. This is because of where the hinge of the foot-board is attached to the bottom plate of the pedal. If you compare your photos of the DW’s with the Demon Drive, you’ll see what I mean.

Anyways, congrats!