Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    Finally got around to watching Cobra Kai. Best current show on any service/channel by a wide margin. And it doesn't cost $10 million per episode.
    Like the Motley Crue movie, it borders on completely falling to hell. It’s not good, but extremely entertaining.

2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by quicksticks View Post
    Here’s the exact quote that got Michael banned. Snarky, yes. Ban worthy, no. I’m hoping Derrick rethinks this and lifts the ban.

“Thanks for deleting my post, Derek.
    Next time you're in the Denver area, let me know. I'll buy you a beer, take you on a tour of the various shooting sites near my house; columbine, the apartment complex where one of our deputies was shot an killed, arapahoe high school, STEM, and we'll have to take a Lyft or Uber to Aurora because it's a little out of walking distance. Maybe you'll then understand why someone needs to just rant via an brief, innocuous post.”
    How do you guys know he is permanently banned.

3. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    AND he called out a mod personally and in a post, not by PM. That’s a no-no on just about any forum.
    I think calling an admin out personally in PM can also get one perma-bant.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumming-4-Life View Post
    +1
    +2

Y'all Brits and Aussies also celebrate Queen Victoria on this upcoming Monday? Or is that just a Canadian thing?

4. Chomp, Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    How do you guys know he is permanently banned.
    After seeing Michael’s post removed, I tried to PM him. The message said he wasn’t receiving messages at this time, so I e-mailed him. That’s how I was able to get a copy of the post that got him banned.

Here’s the deal, “Thanks a lot for removing my post,” is simply not ban worthy. I would hope all adults would be a little thicker skinned than that.
    Last edited by quicksticks; 05-15-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    Drumming since 1961.
    Pearl MCX 8 Piece Bronze Glass
    Many Paiste Cymbals

Tama SLP Fat Spruce 4 piece
    Zildjian K Custom Dark Cymbals

5. Empowered Individual

I’ve noticed that my post count has been all over the place the last week or so. A few weeks ago, my post count hit 2000, and I made a note of it in another thread. Then a few days ago, I noticed that my post count had gone down to 1978. Yesterday, after a post it went down to 1976. Now it’s going back up........???????

Does anybody know what would cause this??

6. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    I’ve noticed that my post count has been all over the place the last week or so. A few weeks ago, my post count hit 2000, and I made a note of it in another thread. Then a few days ago, I noticed that my post count had gone down to 1978. Yesterday, after a post it went down to 1976. Now it’s going back up........???????

Does anybody know what would cause this??
    The same mod who permabanned Opus having some fu...

**CARRIERLOST**
    Way Too Much Crap

7. Empowered Individual

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    The same mod who permabanned Opus having some fu...

**CARRIERLOST**
    Yeah no ****!!

But I was informed that some threads had been deleted that I had posted in so my post count went down. Who would’ve thunk it??...

8. Registered User

The mods probably found a thread from 2009 where someone posted a YouTube video that said d*ck or s***.

They were right to do it. The Pearl brand is nothing without their squeaky clean web forum.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

9. It's all about me...

I think it was overboard....remove the post fine, but permabanning someone for calling you out on it is utter ****e....

Kit Pix
    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by TWH View Post
    Yeah no ****!!

But I was informed that some threads had been deleted that I had posted in so my post count went down. Who would’ve thunk it??...
    I wouldn’t be surprised if it was other Chit Chat threads.

11. th droids yerlookn4

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    I think it was overboard....remove the post fine, but permabanning someone for calling you out on it is utter ****e....
    in fewer and more succinct terms , thats what i was saying ...lol
    i followed my own advice and took the rest of the week off the forum ...now im not so perturbed, but i still think that was poorly handled, and maybe should be re addressed i think calmer heads might come to a more equitable solution. opus, is one of the older , better members, well liked by most ,and contributing member,so i believe , yet another chance could be in order.. i mean ,nobody has to listen to me , its just my opinion

12. It's all about me...

Quote Originally Posted by 2 basses4life View Post
    in fewer and more succinct terms , thats what i was saying ...lol
    i followed my own advice and took the rest of the week off the forum ...now im not so perturbed, but i still think that was poorly handled, and maybe should be re addressed i think calmer heads might come to a more equitable solution. opus, is one of the older , better members, well liked by most ,and contributing member,so i believe , yet another chance could be in order.. i mean ,nobody has to listen to me , its just my opinion
    Yeah - the overmoderation here back in the day is what caused me to spinoff Drumrock....and I could spin it up again, but I don't have a lot of time these days, and I let the domain registration expire so now someone has snagged it and wants 50k to "sell it" .....If I had bandwidth I'd come up with another concept....but none.....I get that Pearl as a brand has to keep some amount of decorum here but at times it's way overboard, almost to the point of nausea....

Kit Pix
    Pearl Drums | Pearl Hardware | Aquarian Heads | Zildjian Cymbals | Vater Sticks | Yamaha Electronics