Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Here's the water level today. The last pic is someone else's I screen shot. Yeah, this sucks. I have a gig coming up on the June 15th. So do I cancel or do the 6 hour round trip to make it!?!?
    Wow. What state are you in again?
    Way Too Much Crap

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Wow. What state are you in again?
    Illinois

3. Drumming Since 1943

Illinois
    Good luck buddy. Stay safe.
    Way Too Much Crap

4. Registered User

Illinois
    Prayers for you guys! Stay safe!

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by TMdrums View Post
    Prayers for you guys! Stay safe!
    Thoughts and prayers!!!
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Registered User

Thanks guys. I mentioned an up coming gig I have. It normally would take about 26 minutes to make the drive. Here's a pic of the route now. With all the traffic that will be on these roads, and they're narrow back roads for the first half of the trip, it will be much longer driving time.

You can see all the road closers in the red Do Not Enter emblems! There's a bunch!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
    Here is hoping you stay dry. Go St Louis!
    Go St.Louis Blues is right. Game 5 in the Stanley Cup final. This is the best thing going in this area.

The Blues need to finally win the cup almost as much as their fans need them to!

8. Drumming Since 1943

Thanks guys. I mentioned an up coming gig I have. It normally would take about 26 minutes to make the drive. Here's a pic of the route now. With all the traffic that will be on these roads, and they're narrow back roads for the first half of the trip, it will be much longer driving time.

You can see all the road closers in the red Do Not Enter emblems! There's a bunch!
    That must be some gig! Donít forget anything! That would SUCK.
    Way Too Much Crap

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    That must be some gig! Don’t forget anything! That would SUCK.
    It's not even a paying gig. it's my drumming cousins 25th annual hog roast. I'll be using his kit...if I make the drive.

It was to be his band and my " band" . I talked to him today and he already booked a replacement band for mine. So if we do play it would be a shortened set.

10. Drumming Since 1943

It's not even a paying gig. it's my drumming cousins 25th annual hog roast. I'll be using his kit...if I make the drive.

It was to be his band and my " band" . I talked to him today and he already booked a replacement band for mine. So if we do play it would be a shortened set.
    Honestly- it doesn’t sound worth it. I know “The show must go on” and all that but...
    Way Too Much Crap

11. Registered User

Happy 75th anniversary of D-Day, gang.

I've been a WWII history fanatic since I was in junior high and I read WWII history regularly.

As I was walking my dogs after work last night, I couldn't help but think that exactly 75 years before that very moment then-Lieutenant Dick Winters and the rest of Easy Company were departing Upottery, and as that timeline continued, by the time my wife and I were eating dinner they had jumped into Normandy and were among the first to attack the Atlantic Wall. As I was getting into bed I couldn't stop thinking that by that time, exactly 75 years before, dawn was breaking and the landing craft were approaching the beaches where thousands of men would face their death.

It never fails to give me chills.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

12. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

It's been interesting to read articles on the German perspective of D-Day commemorations and how it has evolved in the decades after the end of WWII. It's a bit of a unique and complex situation considering modern Germany is now closely allied with the four nations commemorating the beginning of its defeat 75 years ago. The general national sentiment is that D-Day is the beginning of the Allies' liberation of the Germans from fascism, rather than the beginning of their defeat in battle, and I think that's about the best outlook that a nation in that position could have. The fact that an invitation is extended to (and accepted by) Germany's leader to take part in the commemorations would suggest the nations who undertook the military operation seem to agree with that outlook.