Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Yeah, I'm not getting this "it doesn't work on my phone" thing. I use the full site on my iPhone all the time, no problems at all.
    Yeah. It’s not as easy as the APP was, but it does work ok.
    Pearl Reference Drums - Paiste - Evans - Vater

22x20x2 18x16 16x16 12x9 10x8 14x6

2. Rogue Ex-Mod

Yeah, I'm not getting this "it doesn't work on my phone" thing. I use the full site on my iPhone all the time, no problems at all.
    Sorry, let me clarify here...

-I can't use the app anymore because my phone is too new. Worked with my iPhone 5, does not work with my current phone.

-I have Internet Explorer and Firefox on my PC, and IE won't work. I can't log in, it just resets anytime I try to post anything and I'm logged out again.

-Firefox works most of the time on my PC, that's the only way I post anymore, but it occasionally gives me warnings about the site not being secure.

I'll try the using Safari on my iPhone thing and see if that's a better experience. I just found the app was easier to use, I don't like using my phone for browser stuff. Maybe it's just me.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

3. Rogue Ex-Mod

So at the gig I played last weekend the opening band had 30 minutes. Drummer brought 2 bass drums and 6 toms which were basically on 2 full racks. They were a punk band. Nothing against the guy, he seemed nice and he played well enough, but I always scratch my head at that. Nothing would have been lost had he played those songs on a 4-pc and it would have saved a LOT of setup time.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    So at the gig I played last weekend the opening band had 30 minutes. Drummer brought 2 bass drums and 6 toms which were basically on 2 full racks. They were a punk band. Nothing against the guy, he seemed nice and he played well enough, but I always scratch my head at that. Nothing would have been lost had he played those songs on a 4-pc and it would have saved a LOT of setup time.
    You can’t say he was lazy.

5. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    You can’t say he was lazy.
    This is true.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Sorry, let me clarify here...
    -I can't use the app anymore because my phone is too new. Worked with my iPhone 5, does not work with my current phone.
    -I have Internet Explorer and Firefox on my PC, and IE won't work. I can't log in, it just resets anytime I try to post anything and I'm logged out again.
    -Firefox works most of the time on my PC, that's the only way I post anymore, but it occasionally gives me warnings about the site not being secure.
    I'll try the using Safari on my iPhone thing and see if that's a better experience. I just found the app was easier to use, I don't like using my phone for browser stuff. Maybe it's just me.
    Have you tried Chrome? Webpage works fine for me on Chrome (both phone app and PC).

The guy is just aspiring to be a prog drummer?

7. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Have you tried Chrome? Webpage works fine for me on Chrome (both phone app and PC).

The guy is just aspiring to be a prog drummer?
    My best buddy was like this guy but in the ‘80’s. He was in a punk band but insisted on lugging a Bruford-esque Simmons/Tama hybrid kit to every gig. Drove his bandmates nuts.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

This sounds like me.
    Pearl Reference Drums - Paiste - Evans - Vater

22x20x2 18x16 16x16 12x9 10x8 14x6

9. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

in a punk band but insisted on lugging a Bruford-esque Simmons/Tama hybrid kit to every gig.
    I understand, I was the same way back in the '00s.

10. More beer.

Where Hell froze over somewhere in Norway

Just thought I'd share a video from our last gig. The kit is some old premier I think but I brought my own cymbals, chair (yes), pedals and snare.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JReXuDjThDE

Edit, wasn't there a way to embed videos? I don't remember :P

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    Just thought I'd share a video from our last gig. The kit is some old premier I think but I brought my own cymbals, chair (yes), pedals and snare.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JReXuDjThDE

Edit, wasn't there a way to embed videos? I don't remember :P
    That sound system is serious. It really pronounces how heavy you guys are. Are you singing in English?

12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    I understand, I was the same way back in the '00s.
    I bought a 9pc Tama back in the late 80s. After the first 4 or 5 shows of lugging that beast around, I quickly decided that a four piece w/double pedal was sufficient.