Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 637 to 648 of 770
  1. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Got the diagnosis on my right knee! Surgery on 9/26. Yay!
    Many of the folk in the backpacking forum I frequent have had their knees done (most are getting on to or well in to their senior years). Seems like a pretty straightforward operation. I remember hearing it cost something around $30k-$35k USD per knee which baffled me because it's free here (irrespective of taxes paid). When I looked deeper into it, I found it works out to about $13k CAD per knee in costs to the government.

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I need some shelves built for my drums. My drum room is a chaotic mess with 5 kits and various cymbals, toys, and hardware all over the place.
    Why have five kits when you can have one big kit? [cue Dale's conglomerate kit photo ]

  2. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Why have five kits when you can have one big kit? [cue Dale's conglomerate kit photo ]
    You mean this one? Name:  A1EA2D99-9226-4409-8143-8F599A909621.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  112.6 KB

  3. HA HA HAHAHA!

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Got the diagnosis on my right knee! Surgery on 9/26. Yay!
    Replacement or scope?
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

  4. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,619

    Default

    Scope. Apparently a 10 minute procedure and 10-14 day recovery.
    Way Too Much Crap

  5. HA HA HAHAHA!

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Scope. Apparently a 10 minute procedure and 10-14 day recovery.
    Much easier than a replacement, although depending on your issue a replacement is inevitable.

    Wash your bedding and bath towels in bleach (color safe, of course). Make sure people coming in and out to see you in the facility wash their hands. And don't let them sneeze on you
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

  6. Registered User

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I need some shelves built for my drums. My drum room is a chaotic mess with 5 kits and various cymbals, toys, and hardware all over the place.
    Dale, I like to use these adjustable wire shelves. Allows you to have shelves that accommodate bass drum sizes and smaller ones for toms and snares. I use several of them to store my extra kits.


  7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melvinspeed View Post
    Dale, I like to use these adjustable wire shelves. Allows you to have shelves that accommodate bass drum sizes and smaller ones for toms and snares. I use several of them to store my extra kits.

    I appreciate the suggestion, but I am looking to get custom wood shelves to place along that wall. They will even replace those IKEA shelves you see holding the CDs and DVDs shown in that photo.

  8. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Scope. Apparently a 10 minute procedure and 10-14 day recovery.
    Yeah! That won’t be too bad. Once you’re through the 14 days you’ll be glad you did it.
    Pearl Reference Drums - Paiste - Evans - Vater

    22x20x2 18x16 16x16 12x9 10x8 14x6


  9. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Ray View Post
    Yeah! That won’t be too bad. Once you’re through the 14 days you’ll be glad you did it.
    Well I can barely walk so- YEAH!
    Way Too Much Crap

  10. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Well I can barely walk so- YEAH!
    What in the hell did you do to yourself?
    Pearl Reference Drums - Paiste - Evans - Vater

    22x20x2 18x16 16x16 12x9 10x8 14x6


  11. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    17,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Ray View Post
    What in the hell did you do to yourself?
    Long story but as far as I can tell, this is an approximately 8-year-old work injury that because of circumstances (i.e, my wife and I were leaving for Aruba 5 hours later), I never got looked at in the immediate aftermath of the incident. I hobbled around the resort drinking the pain away and enjoying somewhat rockstar status my injury garnered me.

    Fast forward to me now as an almost 49-year-old dude with bad knees. The universe taught me a lesson last week as I stood up from talking to a little kid at a pool party and my right knee went “POP!” to the extent that those standing around me said, “Um... was that.. your knee?”

    Torn meniscus. Surgery Thursday.
    Way Too Much Crap

  12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jersey Shore & BKLYN
    Posts
    18,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Long story but as far as I can tell, this is an approximately 8-year-old work injury that because of circumstances (i.e, my wife and I were leaving for Aruba 5 hours later), I never got looked at in the immediate aftermath of the incident. I hobbled around the resort drinking the pain away and enjoying somewhat rockstar status my injury garnered me.

    Fast forward to me now as an almost 49-year-old dude with bad knees. The universe taught me a lesson last week as I stood up from talking to a little kid at a pool party and my right knee went “POP!” to the extent that those standing around me said, “Um... was that.. your knee?”

    Torn meniscus. Surgery Thursday.
    Ouch. How long will you be out of work? Is it sick leave or disability?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •