I 'll let y'all know how it goes.
    What brand?
    Pearl Reference Drums - Zildjian - Evans - Vater

22x20x2 18x16 16x16 12x10 10x9 14x6.5

3. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Ray View Post
    What brand?
    lol Cympad.
    Last edited by Quint; 12-02-2019 at 10:53 AM.

4. Registered User

Never heard of cympads or Boxing Day. Here's a question for the masses.

The alarm comments reminded me of this.

How many times do you let the phone ring when calling someone?

I mean it's a given at least three because when you call, ring one on your end may not have triggered the receiving phone. So now ring 2 is ring 1.

Nowadays most unanswered calls just go to voicemail but we still have a land line too, for nostalgia, I guess.

So I'm sitting comfy and the phone rings, by the third ring I've decided that by the time I get up it will stop and it's probably for my wife anyway and she's not home.

And it rings and rings and rings and every time it does I'm more agitated and am already in counting rings mode.

It finally stops at 19. 19 ****ing times!!! Who does that??? So now I'm thinking just that. Who called here and let the phone ring 19 times? 20 on their end!

So now I have to get up to check the caller I.d.

It was my mother in law! And she knew her daughter was gone. We ( in laws and I ) get along fine but we don't chit chat on the phone or anything like that.

She lives right up the street so if she needs something she comes down. Or makes arrangements prior.

So I call back and ask " seen you called did you need something?"

" no, I was just calling to see if Christina was home."

" no, she's at work. " ( like every Monday morning)

You guys know who else uses the phone like that? My sister in law.

Calls five times in a row ( again, I'm not much of a land line answering type guy) and when I do answer she's totally surprised my wife isn't home.

And then asks " does she have her cell on her?"
    Which means " I tried calling it already and she didn't answer! Lol.

Also, my wife gets off work at 4:00 and the phone starts ringing at 4:01. I'll answer that incase it's my wife and she needs something.

Nope. Never. In laws or one of her bone head friends. And they are always like " I thought she got off at 4:00? Puzzled! and I'm like " you do know she has to drive home after she leaves and she may have ran some errands. Try back later. 4:12 RING RING RING!!!

My favorite phone friend of hers is a lady that has never in her 48 years had a job. She stays up all night watching tv and sleeps til noon or later then after her husband goes to bed wants to call my wife at 10:00 pm to chat.

Little know historian fact:

The second call Alexander Graham Bell made, Watson let it ring 19 times just to be a ****!

5. Drumming Since 1943

You ok buddy?
    Way Too Much Crap

6. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I have two friends I call around 11pm or so as that’s the best time for them to talk. Sometimes I will call one of them at 5am as he’s single & a night owl and lives on the west coast while I’m on the East.

7. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    Never heard of cympads or Boxing Day. Here's a question for the masses.

The alarm comments reminded me of this.

How many times do you let the phone ring when calling someone?

I mean it's a given at least three because when you call, ring one on your end may not have triggered the receiving phone. So now ring 2 is ring 1.

Nowadays most unanswered calls just go to voicemail but we still have a land line too, for nostalgia, I guess.

So I'm sitting comfy and the phone rings, by the third ring I've decided that by the time I get up it will stop and it's probably for my wife anyway and she's not home.

And it rings and rings and rings and every time it does I'm more agitated and am already in counting rings mode.

It finally stops at 19. 19 ****ing times!!! Who does that??? So now I'm thinking just that. Who called here and let the phone ring 19 times? 20 on their end!

So now I have to get up to check the caller I.d.

It was my mother in law! And she knew her daughter was gone. We ( in laws and I ) get along fine but we don't chit chat on the phone or anything like that.

She lives right up the street so if she needs something she comes down. Or makes arrangements prior.

So I call back and ask " seen you called did you need something?"

" no, I was just calling to see if Christina was home."

" no, she's at work. " ( like every Monday morning)

You guys know who else uses the phone like that? My sister in law.

Calls five times in a row ( again, I'm not much of a land line answering type guy) and when I do answer she's totally surprised my wife isn't home.

And then asks " does she have her cell on her?"
    Which means " I tried calling it already and she didn't answer! Lol.

Also, my wife gets off work at 4:00 and the phone starts ringing at 4:01. I'll answer that incase it's my wife and she needs something.

Nope. Never. In laws or one of her bone head friends. And they are always like " I thought she got off at 4:00? Puzzled! and I'm like " you do know she has to drive home after she leaves and she may have ran some errands. Try back later. 4:12 RING RING RING!!!

My favorite phone friend of hers is a lady that has never in her 48 years had a job. She stays up all night watching tv and sleeps til noon or later then after her husband goes to bed wants to call my wife at 10:00 pm to chat.

Little know historian fact:

The second call Alexander Graham Bell made, Watson let it ring 19 times just to be a ****!
    Name:  180907100732-elon-musk-smokes-marijuana-podcast-1-large-169.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  15.2 KB
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

8. old dog, new tricks

I keep getting logged out after making my first post. Annoying.

In other news, I saw "Joker" about a week-and-a-half ago.... really liked it. It was a bit on the nose, but Joaquin Phoenix was phenomenal. He should get Oscar consideration.
    It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread

9. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    I keep getting logged out after making my first post. Annoying.

In other news, I saw "Joker" about a week-and-a-half ago.... really liked it. It was a bit on the nose, but Joaquin Phoenix was phenomenal. He should get Oscar consideration.
    I’m sure he will.

I saw The Irishman. Good, not great IMO. And could have EASILY LOST... 45 minutes off its 210 minute run time.
    Way Too Much Crap

10. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I’m sure he will.

I saw The Irishman. Good, not great IMO. And could have EASILY LOST... 45 minutes off its 210 minute run time.
    I found it to be well written and acted, and an entertaining subject, but with I didn’t see Hoffa when Pacino was playing him. I saw Pacino. Deniro supposedly being Irish is strange as well.

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I found it to be well written and acted, and an entertaining subject, but with I didn’t see Hoffa when Pacino was playing him. I saw Pacino. Deniro supposedly being Irish is strange as well.
    Pacino has long since stopped trying to disappear into any character he plays. You hire Pacino, you get Pacino. As far as DeNiro playing an Irishman, he played a Jewish mobster in 1984's Once Upon a Time in America- no difference there.
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Pacino has long since stopped trying to disappear into any character he plays. You hire Pacino, you get Pacino. As far as DeNiro playing an Irishman, he played a Jewish mobster in 1984's Once Upon a Time in America- no difference there.
    Huge difference in the Irish appearance and a Jewish person’s.