Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
  1. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    Basic neurological tests followed by close watch and follow up if necessary?
    I realize that you’re a neurosurgeon but knowing what we now know about CTE- even “minor” head bumps should be checked out by a doc ASAP. Just my uneducated $.02.
    Way Too Much Crap

2. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I realize that you’re a neurosurgeon but knowing what we now know about CTE- even “minor” head bumps should be checked out by a doc ASAP. Just my uneducated $.02.
    Neurosurgeon? No. Almost two decades in healthcare research? Yup.

If you're going to go with a 'knowing what we know', feel free to cite it. Here, for example:

----------
    Per Clinical Policy: Neuroimaging and Decisionmaking in Adult Mild Traumatic Brain Injury in the Acute Setting:

Which patients with mild TBI should have a noncontrast head CT scan in the ED?
    Level A recommendations: A noncontrast head CT is indicated in head trauma patients with loss of consciousness or posttraumatic amnesia only if one or more of the following is present: headache, vomiting, age > 60 years old, drug or alcohol intoxication, deficits in short-term memory, physical evidence of trauma above the clavicle, posttraumatic seizure, GCS score < 15, focal neurologic deficit, or coagulopathy.
    Level B recommendations: A noncontrast head CT should be considered in head trauma patients with no loss of consciousness or posttraumatic amnesia if there is a focal neurologic deficit, vomiting, severe headache, ≥ 65 years old, physical signs of a basilar skull fracture, GCS score < 15, coagulopathy, or a dangerous mechanism of injury.*
    * Dangerous mechanism of injury includes ejection from a motor vehicle, a pedestrian struck, and a fall from a height of > 3 feet or 5 steps.
    ----------

So, yes, your take is uneducated and, further, uninformed. No amount of internet snark changes that.
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

3. Playing since 1976

Oh boy... Chit Chat 13... here we come

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 41
Size:  427.3 KB
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    eBay auctions ===> CLICK HERE
    YouTube channel ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

4. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    Neurosurgeon? No. Almost two decades in healthcare research? Yup.

If you're going to go with a 'knowing what we know', feel free to cite it. Here, for example:

----------
    Per Clinical Policy: Neuroimaging and Decisionmaking in Adult Mild Traumatic Brain Injury in the Acute Setting:

Which patients with mild TBI should have a noncontrast head CT scan in the ED?
    Level A recommendations: A noncontrast head CT is indicated in head trauma patients with loss of consciousness or posttraumatic amnesia only if one or more of the following is present: headache, vomiting, age > 60 years old, drug or alcohol intoxication, deficits in short-term memory, physical evidence of trauma above the clavicle, posttraumatic seizure, GCS score < 15, focal neurologic deficit, or coagulopathy.
    Level B recommendations: A noncontrast head CT should be considered in head trauma patients with no loss of consciousness or posttraumatic amnesia if there is a focal neurologic deficit, vomiting, severe headache, ≥ 65 years old, physical signs of a basilar skull fracture, GCS score < 15, coagulopathy, or a dangerous mechanism of injury.*
    * Dangerous mechanism of injury includes ejection from a motor vehicle, a pedestrian struck, and a fall from a height of > 3 feet or 5 steps.
    ----------

So, yes, your take is uneducated and, further, uninformed. No amount of internet snark changes that.
    Dan.

I've been dealing with dudes like you on this forum for over a decade. Angry, snarky, aimlessly pissy. I can be the same way myself but I'm not an ITG. You come across that way though. It's the scourge of the Internet. Guys saying things that in person would get their teeth knocked out.

All I hope is that Rocker's wife is ok.
    Way Too Much Crap

5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    This not directed at you aggressively, but when people say this I say post and post a lot. You will then find it&rsquo;s not dead. Help it stay alive. The more people do, the more people will stick around.
    Agree! 100%

That's why resurrected my drum art thread. Just to get some action going.

6. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Dan.

I've been dealing with dudes like you on this forum for over a decade. Angry, snarky, aimlessly pissy. I can be the same way myself but I'm not an ITG. You come across that way though. It's the scourge of the Internet. Guys saying things that in person would get their teeth knocked out.
    Is that a Jersey way of saying, "I disagree with the clinical guidelines. Rocker's wife needs a CT."?

Guys saying things like this leads to violence? Funny, but just the other week at a bar I was talking shop with a coworker when a guy broke a bottle and came at me with the remnants and it was because he took issue with our discussion on the clinical guidelines for treatment of hypertension! Last thing I remember him screaming at me was, "Like hell you initiate pharmacologic treatment to lower blood pressure when the systolic blood pressure is greater than 150, you angry, snarky, aimlessly pissy jerk!"

I kept my teeth, though. Sounds like I was lucky!
    My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

7. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo Jesus View Post
    So what happened to the Pdf? This site use to be very busy back in the day. Coming back I rarely see anything new. Old posts seem to get deleted? I guess the question is what other drum forums are worth checking out?
    DFO is an excellent forum, and you can buy and sell gear sans fees and taxes.

https://www.drumforum.org/
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

8. Registered User

DFO has hundreds of posts daily - It's THIS forum that is SLOW...

9. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    Not to mention you can quote the post immediately preceding yours here. The nerve!

10. Registered User

You can do that over there... it just makes you look stoopid.

WAIT! I forgot to quote your post! So I guess you have no idea whom I'm addressing, right???

11. Playing since 1976

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    While DFO has hundreds of posts per week, hundreds of posts daily would be falsely exaggerated.
    Website ===> CLICK HERE
    Facebook ===> CLICK HERE

12. Registered User

Hey, if you say so, it must be true.

I just know from being there... and here.

Crap! I forgot to quote you. Please to forgive?