Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 86 of 190 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,032 of 2274
  1. anti-shark cage?

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Orca
    Posts
    13,797

    Default

    Ok.
    cympads work.
    Cymbals open up faster and have more sustain and clarity. Its like isolating a triangle better. They just ring out better. I did an A-B comparison and I was like "ha!, well I guess they do work".
    They're available in lots of colors too.

  2. Registered User

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,872

    Default

    Here's something.

    Pesci in Home Alone works. He's a funny guy but still scary / mean enough for a 9 year old.

    De Niro and Dustin Hoffman in the Fockers franchise is a disgrace to their image.

    And Pachino in the Adam Sandler movie where Pachino is in love with Samdlers sister ( Sandler in a dress ). is just so creepy on so many levels.

    All three of these superstars, in said movies, work but should they have?

  3. Drumoholic

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Ok.
    cympads work.
    Cymbals open up faster and have more sustain and clarity. Its like isolating a triangle better. They just ring out better. I did an A-B comparison and I was like "ha!, well I guess they do work".
    They're available in lots of colors too.
    I'll have to try them out! Thanks Quint!
    Pearl Reference in Scarlet Fade
    Pearl - Evans - Vater

  4. Reference Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    22,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Ok.
    cympads work.
    Cymbals open up faster and have more sustain and clarity. Its like isolating a triangle better. They just ring out better. I did an A-B comparison and I was like "ha!, well I guess they do work".
    They're available in lots of colors too.
    When you first post about this on the previous page, I was on my iPhone and read it as “I got some new Cymbals to try out.” Yep, I’m an idiot.
    Pearl Reference Drums - Sabian - Evans - Vater

    22x20x2 18x16 16x16 13x9 12x8 14x6.5


  5. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,347

    Default

    What’s a Cympad?
    Way Too Much Crap

  6. Reference Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    22,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    What’s a Cympad?


    https://www.cympad.com/
    Pearl Reference Drums - Sabian - Evans - Vater

    22x20x2 18x16 16x16 13x9 12x8 14x6.5


  7. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,347

    Default

    Ah.
    Way Too Much Crap

  8. Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Linsay House
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Active shooter in Jersey City with multiple officers shot (per early reports).

    Sound off, Dylan - let us know you're ok.

    Early indication is officers involved are from Jersey City Police Department, not Hoboken, but Hoboken is close if my geography is correct.
    Last edited by DanDickly; 12-10-2019 at 02:06 PM.

  9. Reference Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    22,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    Active shooter in Jersey City with multiple officers shot (per early reports).

    Sound off, Dylan - let us know you're ok.

    Early indication is officers involved are from Jersey City Police Department, not Hoboken, but Hoboken is close if my geography is correct.
    Dylan is ok. I just got a text message from him. He told me about the shooting. He’s alright.
    Pearl Reference Drums - Sabian - Evans - Vater

    22x20x2 18x16 16x16 13x9 12x8 14x6.5


  10. Drumming Since 1943

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    19,347

    Default

    I’m good guys. Thanks.

    One officer KIA.
    Three officers shot and wounded.
    Two shooters dead.
    Three civilians dead.
    Way Too Much Crap

  11. Banned

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Linsay House
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I’m good guys. Thanks.

    One officer KIA.
    Three officers shot and wounded.
    Two shooters dead.
    Three civilians dead.
    Thanks for letting us know. Sorry for the news on your coworkers and citizens.

    *********. At least the governor offered thoughts and prayers, so you're good to go.

    ****. Don't want to say too much - think people get banned around here for talking about shootings.

  12. Usurper Title

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,656

    Default

    Glad to hear you're safe, JYK.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •