Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I got a really bad sunburn on my first day ever being a lifeguard.
    Sunburns are the worst, and the older I get the more embarrassing as well. Especially with how fair-skinned I am.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

2. Drowned God

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Sunburns are the worst, and the older I get the more embarrassing as well. Especially with how fair-skinned I am.
    Don't worry, the cancer will eventually be more embarrassing.
    What is dead may never die.

3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    How charming.

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

4. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I live on the Jersey Shore and I love it, but I only go down to the beach now in the early morning and evening times. I spend hours down there then.

5. Registered User

Stage 4 lung C here - I'm not "embarrassed."

Uncool, DD.

6. Drowned God

How charming.
    Is the link between increased incidence of sun burns and skin cancer unknown here?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster56 View Post
    Stage 4 lung C here - I'm not "embarrassed."

Uncool, DD.
    It appears my comment was taken out of context - was making a comment that there's worse things than a farmer's tan. Sunscreen is your friend.

And for what it's worth, as a former cancer patient, a mom w cancer, a dad w cancer, and a wife who is an onc nurse, I can assure you that I am not attacking those with it. But this is the internet, so feel free to leap to conclusions.

7. Drumming Since 1943

Is the link between increased incidence of sun burns and skin cancer unknown here?

It appears my comment was taken out of context - was making a comment that there's worse things than a farmer's tan. Sunscreen is your friend.

And for what it's worth, as a former cancer patient, a mom w cancer, a dad w cancer, and a wife who is an onc nurse, I can assure you that I am not attacking those with it. But this is the internet, so feel free to leap to conclusions.
    What would be considered a passing comment in person becomes a statement worthy of a tribunal at The Hague when stated on the Internet.
    Way Too Much Crap

8. Registered User

Pretty tepid trial so far, if I do say so.

9. Drowned God

10. Registered User

Facebook is said to be the reason for the downfall of forums like the PDF, but damn if the quality of participation doesnít take a hit when youíre away from a forum dedicated to a subject. Iím on DrumForum.org and the Vintage Drum Forum and thereís a ton of expertise about vintage drums on both. As soon as you take the conversation to the vintage groups on Facebook you step into an echo chamber of semi-literate Boomers seeing who can type in all caps the longest while furiously arguing an incorrect point with someone who is also wrong.

If Iíd been born ten years later and my first online drum education came from Facebook, I donít think Iíd know half as much as I do about drums.

11. Registered User

I was pretty against fake book and reluctantly joined when the roller hockey league I was in started a page.

Since then FB has changed a lot. It was mostly people that I knew talking about thing I don't care about.

Now its mostly commercials. It's WIERD we as a people would take a bathroom break during the t.V. commercials and now take the commercials to the bathroom with us!

12. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    I was pretty against fake book and reluctantly joined when the roller hockey league I was in started a page.

Since then FB has changed a lot. It was mostly people that I knew talking about thing I don't care about.

Now its mostly commercials. It's WIERD we as a people would take a bathroom break during the t.V. commercials and now take the commercials to the bathroom with us!
    We are 100% plugged into the Matrix. Robotic automatons. Believe it.
    Way Too Much Crap