Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Registered User

I played a show Saturday where my bass drum kept walking away from me. I had a rug and my claws were set with my front hoop clearing the floor. My pedal was fully clamped to the hoop and has velcro to keep it in place. The drum still walked away all night and the pedal stayed in place. I guess I bought the wrong rug because apparently it creates no traction. Dumbass, cheapass Home Depot rug.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

2. anti-shark cage?

Skeld?
    Wu?!
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  25.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

3. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by space jeff View Post
    I sure missed Quint!
    Awww I missed you too man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

4. Rodgers and Jordy!!

2016 PDF FFL Regular Season Champion 11-1 Record

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    I played a show Saturday where my bass drum kept walking away from me. I had a rug and my claws were set with my front hoop clearing the floor.
    I've had actual dreams about this very scenario ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dexplosion View Post
    Boom stands are for sissies.

5. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by Snakes&Arrows View Post
    I've had actual nightmares about this very scenario ...
    Fixt.

6. Registered User

It was just pointed out the guy in the office nearest me sounds like Andy Bernard from The Office, and he sounds EXACTLY like Andy Bernard from The Office. I can't believe I've never noticed it before. My wife and I are re-watching the series right now so it couldn't have been more obvious. This is hilarious.

I need to think of some lines to get him to say.

"Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

7. Registered User

It kept on rainin' and the levee finally broke! This is the only road out of this peninsula. There are 2 state ran ferries and 2 private ran ferries but with the river levels so high they're all out of commission. Even when the river finally drops back in it's banks the breeched side of these levees will remain flooded. They won't run back into the river it will have to be pumped out. This is just the beginning of the water coming

8. Registered User

I'm not as distraught as this picture may seem. I'm just looking down and my wife took the pic. I'm glad she got a good picture of my failing hair line! Anyway, the white building over my shoulder will be a marker for the depth of the water. I'll share a pic soon when the water reaches it max depth. As I said it's just getting started filling these low lands in.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by therocker; 06-05-2019 at 09:04 AM.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    I'm not as distraught as this picture may seem. I'm just looking down and my wife took the pic. I'm glad she got a good picture of my failing hair line! Anyway, the white building over my shoulder will be a marker for the depth of the water. I'll share a pic soon when the water reaches it max depth. As I said it's just getting started filling these low lands in.
    Here is hoping you stay dry. Go St Louis!

10. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

At least the little guy is happy.

11. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    At least the little guy is happy.
    That’s the beauty of being a kid: blissful ignorance!
    Way Too Much Crap

12. Registered User

Here's the water level today. The last pic is someone else's I screen shot. Yeah, this sucks. I have a gig coming up on the June 15th. So do I cancel or do the 6 hour round trip to make it!?!?
    Attached Images Attached Images