Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    He ever finish his kit?
    Sadly no, he's had endless trouble getting a complete set of lugs for all the drums. I believe he said the current ETA for completion is Christmas. I'm hoping for some new pics once it's finally finished.

Hope you're doing ok Marty! We've had a ton of rain up here in Cedar Rapids but I haven't had too many issues personally. My mom emailed me today to say she got some water in her basement last night due to a dead sump pump so I'll probably be heading there tonight to help her clean up.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    Seems you're unhappy with your chosen profession. Life would be good if not for the damned customers, right? I get it, you're about to cross 50, reflecting back on life's choices and what was done well and what has not gone well and who to blame for it. I imagine you're responsible for what went right and others (millennials?) are to blame for what's gone wrong.

But none of this is on the topic of drums. Which is what we're supposed to talk about on this forum, right?
    I appreciate your snark as I am the PDF's resident curmudgeon, but your comment is ignorant and ageist. That Dale is pushing 50 in no way invalidates his comments. Young folks like to disregard the experienced comments and opinions of older folks because they don't like to hear things which run counter to their preconceived notions.

Youth is wasted on the young.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    Seems you're unhappy with your chosen profession. Life would be good if not for the damned customers, right? I get it, you're about to cross 50, reflecting back on life's choices and what was done well and what has not gone well and who to blame for it. I imagine you're responsible for what went right and others (millennials?) are to blame for what's gone wrong.

But none of this is on the topic of drums. Which is what we're supposed to talk about on this forum, right?
    Just stop. My chosen profession is fine. In fact, I find a lot of joy in it, teaching & playing. Ive never done anything I have not wanted to do for the past 20 years.

This is the Chit Chat thread. I believe most here agree we can speak of whatever we want here.

The people who raised them suck too. Hows that for being fair?

4. Drowned God

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    I appreciate your snark as I am the PDF's resident curmudgeon, but your comment is ignorant and ageist. That Dale is pushing 50 in no way invalidates his comments. Young folks like to disregard the experienced comments and opinions of older folks because they don't like to hear things which run counter to their preconceived notions.

You guess my age based on a comment? Perhaps I've already been through mid life and know when someone is looking back? Or maybe I'm a snarky 19 year old laughing at the old? Use that officer intuition, my man

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    Just stop. My chosen profession is fine. In fact, I find a lot of joy in it, teaching & playing. I’ve never done anything I have not wanted to do for the past 20 years.
    Cool. First I've read about it, so good to see.

]This is the Chit Chat thread. I believe most here agree we can speak of whatever we want here.
    Just not tragedy. Or at least some. Some ok. Others bad.

The people who raised them suck too. How’s that for being fair?
    Your kids must be gen y? Just wait
    What is dead may never die.

5. Drumming Since 1943

You guess my age based on a comment? Perhaps I've already been through mid life and know when someone is looking back? Or maybe I'm a snarky 19 year old laughing at the old? Use that officer intuition, my man

I make no assumptions about your age. It matters not. I only used my "officer intuition" to suss out the essential dopiness of your comment.
    Way Too Much Crap

6. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hex View Post
    That's still on topic; it's just an unfinished shell for a pair of these:

This is the Chit Chat thread. I believe most here agree we can speak of whatever we want here.
    That would be a misunderstanding. This is a DRUM FORUM. The only generational differences we can talk about here are those between '90s Masters and contemporary Masters.

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post

That would be a misunderstanding. This is a DRUM FORUM. The only generational differences we can talk about here are those between '90s Masters and contemporary Masters.
    Go Phillies!

8. PDF 8a5h1ng T3am C4p

Go Phillies!
    *reported*

9. Registered User

Drummerworld doesn't allow any non-music topics in their off topic forum. The forum's only moderator, a real dopey dip**** named GruntersDad, enforces the rule with an iron fist. For the longest time the header of the forum was "all things non-drumming and non-music" but the rules thread said all topics must be related to drums or music. When people pointed out the discrepancy he said they could either suck it up or leave. That guy was a serious prick so I left.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

10. anti-shark cage?

****** I need glasses.
    I am horribly disfigured.

Warby Parker?
    anyone had any experience there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

11. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by jy kelly View Post
    i appreciate your snark as i am the pdf's resident curmudgeon, but your comment is ignorant and ageist. That dale is pushing 50 in no way invalidates his comments. Young folks like to disregard the experienced comments and opinions of older folks because they don't like to hear things which run counter to their preconceived notions.

Name:  297.png.jpeg
Views: 65
Size:  38.6 KB
    :d
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

12. Drowned God

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post

I make no assumptions about your age. It matters not. I only used my "officer intuition" to suss out the essential dopiness of your comment.
    In two years, you'll know what it's like to cross 50, too, looking back on those high school mullet-having days wondering if you had to do it over again, would you take the same path (of course!) or would you have taken another risk or two

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post

Hey you, get that steel drum out of the, er, um, mayor's office!
    What is dead may never die.