Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 104 of 120 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,237 to 1,248 of 1437
  1. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    It was great to see Vader angry and going all out against non Force users. He carries that rage straight into Leia's ship where he's picking people up by the throat and throwing them. Reminded me too of when he runs into Han and company in the Cloud City and just blocks Han's shots with his hand and effortlessly pulls the blaster away. Or when he's fighting Luke later on in that film when Luke has only been using the Force for about 3 years and isn't ready. He's fighting him with a lightsaber while tossing random objects at him and you can tell he's not even trying.
    I'm down with all of that, but the very stiff duel with Obi Wan at the end of ANH is ignored in the above

These guys don't have an ILM budget, but if george is going to tinker with things, perhaps this direction would make more sense than adding CGI stormtrooper-carrying desert lizards

My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face.

2. Comrade Tim

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    I'm down with all of that, but the very stiff duel with Obi Wan at the end of ANH is ignored in the above

These guys don't have an ILM budget, but if george is going to tinker with things, perhaps this direction would make more sense than adding CGI stormtrooper-carrying desert lizards

^ That.

Kit Pix
    Pearl | Aquarian | Zildjian | Vater | Yamaha

3. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    Damn Astros.
    Yeah, man, it's so beyond disappointing. Same with the sox. smh
    They had to fire everyone involved or it will ruin baseball.

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Now all this conspiracy nonsense about wearable buzzers. I mean, you can't give the Astros the benefit of the doubt at this point, but that part's gotta be BS. MLB cleared them of it, but we're not exactly talking about the FBI here. MLB doesn't want a bigger controversy than they already have so I don't imagine they looked too hard into that.

That said, it's too bad MLB's MO is to find a small number of (guilty) scapegoats and then let everyone else off the hook. No doubt in my mind everyone else had their own systems in place, they just weren't as successful or cocky as the Astros. It was wrong and they deserve everything that comes their way, but at the end of the day it's sign stealing, so I'll still wear my Astros gear and go to the games. It's not like it was Bountygate or Penn State.

Glad I live in Houston and can still go to a game in peace. I can't imagine being a fan on the road.
    Last edited by TheElectricCompany; 01-17-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

5. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    I'm only a casual baseball fan and am thinking to myself, big deal - sign stealing is part of the game. Then I heard a good explanation from a local sportscaster and was floored. Then separately seeing Altuve rounding third signaling his teammates to leave his jersey alone? Wooooow....

6. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Name:  plunk.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  89.0 KB

(since I can't upload the animated gif, I think the screenshot gets the point across )

7. Enjoy Every Sandwich

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 11.14.13 AM.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  54.7 KB

8. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Name:  plunk.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  89.0 KB

(since I can't upload the animated gif, I think the screenshot gets the point across )
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez_Whiz View Post
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 11.14.13 AM.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  54.7 KB
    I love both of these.

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I love both of these.
    Me too. I knew a twisted way I cannot wait for the season to start. It will be fascinating and exhausting.

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

10. Registered User

I'm only a casual baseball fan and am thinking to myself, big deal - sign stealing is part of the game. Then I heard a good explanation from a local sportscaster and was floored. Then separately seeing Altuve rounding third signaling his teammates to leave his jersey alone? Wooooow....
    The jersey thing doesn’t convince me. If he was wearing a buzzer why would it be on his chest? Why would it be anywhere you’re liable to see due to incidental movement or when the jersey is ripped off like has happened in the past? Even if they were getting away with it surely they’d not have been that careless.

11. HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    The jersey thing doesn’t convince me. If he was wearing a buzzer why would it be on his chest? Why would it be anywhere you’re liable to see due to incidental movement or when the jersey is ripped off like has happened in the past? Even if they were getting away with it surely they’d not have been that careless.
    Ever wonder why a guy corks his bat knowing it could break?

12. Registered User

Ever wonder why a guy corks his bat knowing it could break?
    Because you only get thrown out for a handful of games, not face a career-changing suspension.