Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 111 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,332 of 1437
  1. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    You're referring to John Douglas. KI$$ has done this over the years as well. Actually, a LOT of bands do this with a LOT of members.

Also, as far as Aerosmith is concerned, though Kramer is (or was) solid, Tyler actually eats him for breakfast on the drums. All the cool, funky creative beats that mess of a band has come up with over the years are all Tyler's doing. Check out the doc for Pump. Tyler pretty much told Kramer what to play and how to play it.
    That he did, but he may simply be a control freak. I do believe that Aerosmith would have had more going on for them if Tyler and Perry would have surrendered some of their power in order surround themselves with players like Bonham and Jones instead.

2. Drumming Since 1943

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    That he did, but he may simply be a control freak. I do believe that Aerosmith would have had more going on for them if Tyler and Perry would have surrendered some of their power in order surround themselves with players like Bonham and Jones instead.
    Yeah, and if my grandmother had b***s, she'd be my grandfather.
    Way Too Much Crap

3. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by JY Kelly View Post
    Yeah, and if my grandmother had b***s, she'd be my grandfather.
    Idealistically, you’re right, but there are couple of things to consider.

Who has the power within the band? The singer or star and the songwriter do. The whole fact Aerosmith can move and Rush cannot shows that. No singer/star and no songwriter, no band.

Who are people there to see? I can you people may be able tell there’s a difference sonically, but most people don’t care who the drummer. Most people don’t care about anyone in particular on stage except having good time. The fact Lynyrd Skynyrd can still pack amphitheaters shows that.

Joey knows his place in the band and he and his entire family has benefited from that.

4. a.k.a. YtseJam

All I can say is that when I saw this band a few years ago, there was a mystery voice during the whole span of the show which was not sung by anybody on stage, yet managed to hit all the high notes perfectly, and it was NOT Steven Tyler. I asked all my friends that were are that show and everybody had noticed it.

5. Vintage 1968

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    I don't know. I think the "it" factor of Aerosmith writing some classic songs was the limitations of all the players. And I don't mean that as derogatory. Edward VanHalen is considered to be one of the best guitar players ever, but he can't read music and as such was not hindered by the "proper" way to play. I find the work-arounds that bands have to do can lead to magic happening on the songs.

Quote Originally Posted by hipodilski View Post
    All I can say is that when I saw this band a few years ago, there was a mystery voice during the whole span of the show which was not sung by anybody on stage, yet managed to hit all the high notes perfectly, and it was NOT Steven Tyler. I asked all my friends that were are that show and everybody had noticed it.
    I saw Drain STH live years ago and you could clearly hear two guitars playing, and only one guitarist on stage.
    It seems that having a backstage vocalist singing the show with the lead singer is getting more normal these days. I know I have heard that for Ozzy they blend them, and whichever one is having a better night is the one that gets turned up louder.
    I know when I hear a band say that they NEVER play to backing tracks I have to wonder if they have backstage singers or players.

6. Registered User

No disrespect to Kramer, but I remember back in 88 watching him do that hokey walking around drum solo using light up electronic sticks and thinking "Man, that's awful."

7. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

I’m watching Rise of Empires: Ottoman and I feel like I’m hanging out in the cymbal section at NAMM; Constantinople, Bosphorus, Byzantium, Istanbul, etc.

8. Registered User

God... Kobe Bryant killed in a helicopter crash with one of his daughters, who was only 13 years old. Kobe was only 41.
    "Why is that mirror sneezing?"

"Ah, look, it's just an old, creaky mirror, y'know, sometimes it sounds a little like it's sneezing, or coughing, or talking softly."

9. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    God... Kobe Bryant killed in a helicopter crash with one of his daughters, who was only 13 years old. Kobe was only 41.
    Life is so crazy and sad sometimes.

10. Rogue Ex-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
    I couldn't have been more surprised by this. I'm a Chicago fan, so I was never a Kobe guy, but this is probably the most shocking sports death I can think of in terms of how famous he was and how young he was and how many people around the world looked up to him. So sad that his 13 year old daughter was with him, I can't imagine the pain his family is feeling right now. I never would have thought Kareem and Magic would both outlive Kobe. Never in a million years.
    My One-Of-A-Kind Masters Premium BRP in #197: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...d.php?t=216550

Pearl - Ludwig - Zildjian - Sabian - Remo - Evans - Vic Firth

11. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by David Hollywood View Post
    I couldn't have been more surprised by this. I'm a Chicago fan, so I was never a Kobe guy, but this is probably the most shocking sports death I can think of in terms of how famous he was and how young he was and how many people around the world looked up to him. So sad that his 13 year old daughter was with him, I can't imagine the pain his family is feeling right now. I never would have thought Kareem and Magic would both outlive Kobe. Never in a million years.
    It was before our time, Roberto Clemente’s death was similar as was Roy Halladay’s.

12. Drumming Since 1943

I’m reading official FAA and tower transmissions. That Sikorsky should never have been in the air. LAPD had already grounded both their choppers. Apparently the pilot asked for permission to fly in dense fog by instruments and ATC assist. They hit the ground at 145 knots. They never had a chance.
    Way Too Much Crap