Pearl Drummers Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast
  1. Registered User

My two oldest kids left FB a few years ago. My 18 year old son still has an account but never uses it. My wife and I are in the midst of a leave social media alone pact. Loosely based on the fact that we don't really enjoy it anyway. There are a few things I like but it's very few. FB took over Messenger so you have to have FB to use Messenger. ( or maybe FB always controlled it. I don't know) but messenger is how my brothers, sister and I stay in contract on a whim and also about my moms well being. It works but it also seems creepy, like we are talking about her behind her back & essentially, we are!

Sometimes I feel like the old guy in the Speed Racer episode that hates cars and rides horseback everywhere.

( bonus points to anyone that can tell me why he hated cars )

It's embarrassing to me & I'm embarrassed for our US country when our leader takes to social media to say his thoughts.

I'm not saying they are good or bad and don't want a debate it on this fine forum & thread. I feel I'm walking a thin enough thread mention it here with the no politic rules.

I just boggles the mind that that's the way things are handled and folks are helpless to say " Step away from the device!"

Back in the day there was a Soap Box and once you had your say you had to get down. Now a vast majority of us carry a soap box with us everywhere we go and chime in on stuff we have little to no knowledge of, or reason for speaking up, in the first place.

2. Registered User

You can block ALL the FB ads with FB Purity, a free DL.

https://www.fbpurity.com/

3. Registered User

Initially when FB came to the masses, I had a little bit of FOMO about it. But never enough to get an account.

In retrospect, I think I made the right call for me.

As JY likes to remind us, the presence of people tends to mess up even the best ideas.

4. anti-shark cage?

Quote Originally Posted by DanDickly View Post
    Nope. But check out this killer cover of a Bob Dylan track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan12 View Post
    Oh, so you quote everyone but me? I see how it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
    Top quality humour should never be served in a spoon.

5. Dalmi Joedi - Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by therocker View Post
    My two oldest kids left FB a few years ago. My 18 year old son still has an account but never uses it. My wife and I are in the midst of a leave social media alone pact. Loosely based on the fact that we don't really enjoy it anyway. There are a few things I like but it's very few. FB took over Messenger so you have to have FB to use Messenger. ( or maybe FB always controlled it. I don't know) but messenger is how my brothers, sister and I stay in contract on a whim and also about my moms well being. It works but it also seems creepy, like we are talking about her behind her back & essentially, we are!

Sometimes I feel like the old guy in the Speed Racer episode that hates cars and rides horseback everywhere.

( bonus points to anyone that can tell me why he hated cars )

It's embarrassing to me & I'm embarrassed for our US country when our leader takes to social media to say his thoughts.

I'm not saying they are good or bad and don't want a debate it on this fine forum & thread. I feel I'm walking a thin enough thread mention it here with the no politic rules.

I just boggles the mind that that's the way things are handled and folks are helpless to say " Step away from the device!"

Back in the day there was a Soap Box and once you had your say you had to get down. Now a vast majority of us carry a soap box with us everywhere we go and chime in on stuff we have little to no knowledge of, or reason for speaking up, in the first place.
    His son died in a car accident. I thought he was only one episode.

6. anti-shark cage?

Name:  64667591_10157378968069313_2541888042365353984_n.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  150.7 KB

7. so it goes, bros.

Name:  quint.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  135.7 KB

8. anti-shark cage?

Awwww, Brad.
    Love you too, man.

HAWAIIAN SHIRT DAY!!

9. Drumming Since 1943

More quirky, non-sensical posts that only 3 people get! Centered around sharks! Yay!
    Way Too Much Crap

10. anti-shark cage?

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dale w miller View Post
    His son died in a car accident. I thought he was only one episode.
    He was only in one episode. Did you remember the episode or was you able to google it?

If you remember than we share more than just drums, drum forum, skinny, baby faces & Areosmith & GnR concerts. Or was it Cre and Loudness? I forget. We also share watching Speed Racer enough to remember certain episodes.

That one last a lasting impression on me for some reason. The other was when Pops put the plans for the NEW Mach 5 on the windshield of the original Mach 5 and when it was about to fall into enemy hands he used Speeds helmet to smash the windshield. Losing the designs forever!

If you googled it still cool for the time in research.

Here's a * for you! <<< that's a Silver Star! Imagination not included.

12. old dog, new tricks

It is said correctly that the law exists not for the just, but the unjust as the just carry the law in their hearts and need not call it from afar.

link below for my kit build thread

https://www.pearldrummersforum.com/s...t-build-thread